This position is responsible to ensure equal opportunity in employment in that all persons are treated equally and on the basis of merit, in decisions regarding selection, placement, promotions, training, work assignments, transfers and other personnel actions.
City: North New Brunswick
State: New Jersey
Bureau Veritas North America, Inc. is seeking a mid-level Environmental Consultant in our North Brunswick, New Jersey office. The candidate should be capable of managing projects as well as performing field work including soil and groundwater investigations, Phase I and II Environmental Site Assessments, and other field/office aspects of our environmental consulting business operations.
The successful candidate will work under the supervision of Senior Project Management at our office located in North Brunswick, New Jersey. Job responsibilities will include a wide variety of work activities, including: scheduling/management of projects, client interaction, oversight of soil and groundwater investigation/remediation projects, sample collection, environmental assessments, well installation, and report preparation at sites primarily in NJ, NY, and PA locations. An approximate 50/50 mix of field work and office duties is anticipated for this position, and there may be limited out-of-State short duration travel required.
• Report preparation
• Data evaluation
• Training of junior staff
• Effective management of project schedules and tasks
• Equipment calibration and maintenance
• Respond to client requests and concerns promptly
• Responsible for project health and safety during field activities
• Preparing reports including figures, data tables, boring logs, and well construction diagrams.
• Required to work in a team setting
• Lifting and carrying of equipment and materials, climb ladders, and be comfortable working at heights
Skills and Requirements
• Possess problem solving skills
• Be a critical thinker
• Have good writing and interpersonal skills
• Detail oriented and have multi-tasking abilities
• Have the desire to work hard and be part of a growing team of environmental professionals.
• Good computer skills (Microsoft Office)
• Demonstrated ability to write clear, accurate and technically suitable correspondence and reports
• Familiar with EPA/State multimedia sampling procedures
• GIS experience is a plus
• A valid driver's license and good driving record
• A current, valid passport is a plus
Experience and Education
Bachelor’s degree in science, preferably geology or environmental science
4-10 yrs experience
40-hr OSHA preferable
LSRP a plus
Remember to say you found this opportunity at EnvironmentalCareer.com