GEI’s Bloomfield, New Jersey office is seeking an Environmental Scientist, Geologist, or Engineer with at least four years of relevant experience beyond a college degree. Under supervision of senior staff, this individual will provide support to ongoing office and field work.
Office tasks may include: review and interpretation of data and preparation of reports and work plans; task and project planning and management; assistance with business development and preparation of proposals; client, subcontractor and regulatory agency interaction; development and implementation of remedial strategies; and remedial design.
Field activities may include: observe and document performance of test borings and installation of groundwater monitoring and observation wells; collection of groundwater, surface water, sediment, soil, rock, soil vapor, and air samples; operation of air monitoring equipment; testing to evaluate groundwater aquifer characteristics; and remedial construction management. This is an excellent opportunity to learn from our senior staff and gain a wide range of experience.
- Under supervision of the senior staff, candidates will work on a variety of environmental projects throughout the region, but primarily in Northern New Jersey.
- Support environmental site assessments, remedial and pre-design investigations, test borings, well installations, environmental sampling of various media, aquifer testing, pilot tests, implementation of air monitoring programs, and technical oversight of subcontractors.
- Assist Licensed Site Remediation Professionals in preparing reports and documentation according to the New Jersey regulations and guidance documents.
- Conduct data management and analysis, prepare and review work plans and technical reports, and assist in preparation of presentations and proposals to clients and regulators.
- Develop investigation and remedial strategies for various types of sites and contaminants, and collaborate in the design and installation of remediation systems.
- Interact with subcontractors, clients and regulatory agency representatives.
- Assist with proposals and business development activities.
- Bachelor’s degree in Environmental Science, Geology or Engineering; M.S. is a plus.
- A minimum of four years of relevant professional experience preferably in environmental consulting.
- Excellent communication skills and technical report writing.
- Willingness to travel on temporary assignments as needed.
- Experience with software such as in AutoCAD, ArcGIS, EQuIS, Leapfrog Hydro, EVS, etc., is a plus.
- 40-hour HAZWOPER training - preferred.
- Physical ability to perform field work in summer and winter conditions.
- Valid U.S. driver’s license.
- Market-Competitive Compensation
- Comprehensive Benefits Program, including Medical, Dental, Vision and More
- Continuing Education Assistance and Tuition Reimbursement
- Professional Development and Opportunities for Advancement
- Paid Holidays and Paid Time Off
- Rewards and Recognition
- GEI-Funded Profit Sharing and 401(k)
- And More…
Remember to say you found this opportunity at EnvironmentalCareer.com