We are currently seeking a Senior Environmental Specialist with a strong background in compliance, permitting, assessment, transaction due diligence, ecological and environmental sciences to help expand our growing business in the Midwest. The position may be located in Green Bay, Milwaukee or Madison, Wisconsin. This position will coordinate technical resources and client expectations across the region with an emphasis to grow and expand our Midwest presence.
Essential Responsibilities & Duties
• Manage the technical, financial and client relationship aspects of a variety of projects throughout the country, with a geographic emphasis in the Midwest.
• Support business development and marketing activities, including preparation of cost proposals and presentations to existing and prospective clients; identify key clients / business areas, growth strategy, and capture strategy.
• Maintain high visibility in the marketplace through regular client contact, participation in client-based professional organizations, and attendance and presentations at industry events.• Manage local projects and existing and future staff, including technical leadership and oversight, risk management, safety and mentoring.
• Lead Phase I and Phase II environmental assessment and risk-based corrective action on soil, groundwater and sediment
• Assist in preparation of air permit determinations and applications for a variety of industrial and commercial clients.
• Assist in preparation of NPDES and WPDES permit applications.
• Participate and/or lead environmental compliance audits.
• Support environmental plan developments (SPCCs, PIPPs, SWPPPs).
• Travel to client/prospect/teaming partner/remote offices/headquarters required, including overnight travel.
• A Bachelor’s degree (or higher) from an accredited college or university in Environmental Science or Environmental Engineering.
• Knowledge and expertise in environmental issues in the Midwest.
• Expertise in preparation of environmental documents and permitting.
• 10 years of professional consulting experience following graduation.
• Advanced oral and written communication skills.
• Ability to work collaboratively within project team.
• 40-hour HAZWOPER training.
Remember to say you found this opportunity at EnvironmentalCareer.com