The National Agroforestry Center located in Lincoln Nebraska, is seeking a permanent, full time, Ecologist/Soil scientist. The applicant will provide national leadership in and conducts forestry research to advance the health, diversity, and productivity of America's working lands, waters, and communities. For additional information about the duties of this position, please contact Susan Stein at 202-360-9737 or firstname.lastname@example.org.
Learn more about this agency
- As an Ecologist/Soil Scientist the applicant will: Apply theories, and principles of the professional fields of either biological science, ecological sciences or soils science.
- Analyze and interpret complex resource management data for technical and non-technical audiences.
- Identify and assess commodity and non-commodity contributions of agroforestry to ecosystem services.
- Establish working relationships in order to plan and manage a research, development and application program.
- Develop strategies and provide assistance to national programs and field units in the design, implementation, and management of research and technology related to agroforestry.
- Devise new methods and techniques to produce effective results and/or to implement programs related to agroforestry.
- Develop strategies and programs in field unit design related to agroforestry.
- Plan, organize and direct research, development and application teams.
- Conduct research, coordinate studies, and provide analyses of problems, trends, and issues related to agroforestry.
- Approve and manage finical mechanisms for accomplishing research goals and objectives such as grants, cooperative agreements, join venture contracts, and other procurement mechanisms.
- Provide leadership in identifying agroforestry research.
- Lead the planning and implementation of agroforestry research across a broad spectrum of research partners in the public, private and not for profit sectors.
- Collaborate with representatives of other federal agencies, academia and other partners to ensure the effective implementation of agroforestry programs.
Remember to say you found this opportunity at EnvironmentalCareer.com