About the Position:
The Engineering Division is responsible for all study and design efforts, including related field data collection and oversight of laboratory testing contracts, The Division executes all aspects related to the study and design phases of Hazardous, Toxic and Radioactive Waste (HTRW) projects; including Superfund, Defense Environmental Restoration Program (DERP), and Base Realignment and Closure (BRAC), while complying with all applicable Federal and State regulations.
Learn more about this agency
- This position is responsible for providing chemistry technical expertise in NAE?s mission in support of the United States Environmental Protection Agency (EPA) Superfund Program.
- This position is also responsible for supporting the Department of Defense (DOD) Defense Environmental Restoration program (DERP) for the Formerly Used Defense Sites (FUDS).
- Chemistry technical expertise is provided for to active Installation, Base Realignment and Closure (BRAC) sites, Formerly Utilized Sites Remedial Action Program (FUSRAP), and other customers as needed.
- Projects involve characterization and cleanup of hazardous, toxic and radioactive waste (HTRW) sites in United States Environmental Protection Agency Region No. 1 (six New England states) and other mission areas.
- The projects generally include, but are not limited to, the North Atlantic Division (NAD) division boundaries.
- Serves as a technical expert in the area of environmental chemistry with authority for all chemistry aspects of toxic and hazardous waste site field investigations, feasibility studies, remedial action designs, plans and specifications.
- The incumbent advises on chemistry, sampling, and analysis of alternatives for toxic and hazardous Waste site operations to determine the presence, nature and concentration of chemical contaminants.
Occasional travel - Overnight business travel required at least 20% of the time.
Remember to say you found this opportunity at EnvironmentalCareer.com