What General Information Do I Need To Know About This Position?
Salary: $44,937 (Step 01) to $58,413 (Step 10); NOTE: First time hires to the Federal Government are typically hired at the Step 01.
There are 3 vacancies; however, this announcement may be used to fill additional vacancies if they become available.
As Biological Science Technician (Wildlife) within the Western Ecological Research Center, some of your specific duties will include:
- Leads field crew and coordinates activities to collect waterbird data and/or species to support scientific studies.
- Assists in conducting field studies to collect waterbird data and/or specimens.
- Collects, records, summarizes, organizes and/or files data using a variety of standardized methods and techniques.
- Runs computer programs to enter, verify, manage and manipulate data and data files in automated databases and/or geographic information systems.
- Processes and evaluates the quality and validity of field and laboratory data.
Occasional travel - Occasional travel away from home may be required up to 2 nights per month.
Remember to say you found this opportunity at EnvironmentalCareer.com