This job will close when we have received 50 applications which may be sooner than the closing date. Learn more
- Conducts law enforcement investigations of felonies and other crimes and offenses and violations of park rules and is responsible for working with other law enforcement personnel in preparing in-depth criminal prosecutions.
- Works with other law enforcement personnel in investigating crimes, accidents, interviewing witnesses and interrogating suspects. Prepares appropriate reports and legal documents.
- Participates with Federal, State, and local attorneys in preparation for and in conducting in-depth criminal prosecutions, and is considered a member of the law enforcement team for arrests and as a witness providing testimony in court proceedings.
- Performs law enforcement throughout the park such as road patrols, traffic enforcement, boundary integrity, hunting patrols, lake and waterway patrols, backcountry and wilderness patrols, etc.
- Investigates motor vehicle accidents and issues citations. Responds to emergency calls and takes action necessary to preserve the peace, resolve problems, protect visitors and resources, apprehend violators.
Remember to say you found this opportunity at EnvironmentalCareer.com