The Sustainability Analyst recommends sustainability strategies and develops and monitors performance metrics for Unity College enterprise and business units. Promotes connections and synergies among environmental stewardship, revenue development, and social equity in the College's activities. Supports sustainability objectives that differentiate the auxiliary revenue generating units of the College. In addition, the Sustainability Analyst serves as on-site superintendent for Portland property, providing superior customer service to tenants, visitors, and College enterprises. Specific duties include (but are not all inclusive):
- Provides on-site property supervision for the Portland facility (25% time)
- Performs daily checks of exterior and interior critical functions.
- Provides access and oversight for contractors or service companies
- Informs facilities of anything needing attention in the building
- Acts as liaison for leased tenants, enforcing rental contract and policies as needed
- Receives, validates, and enters utility bill data for Portland property
- Coordinates visits, pop-up storefront enterprises, and other uses of the space by College Stakeholders.
- Provides sustainability project and program coordination for the Enterprise (75% time)
- Recommends programs, policies, and projects that embed sustainable practices in all auxiliary revenue-generating departments and sustainable educational business units (SEBUs).
- Recommends and supports strategies to improve the sustainability of Enterprise functions.
- Supports the Chief Sustainability Officer in execution of strategic initiatives such as sustainable procurement, climate neutrality, and sustainable balance sheets.
- Collects, validates, and reports data to internal and external sources.
- Ensures completeness and accuracy of data in databases through consistent entry and extraction of data, and accuracy of reporting.
- Contributes to sustainability certification processes including providing data, conducting desktop research, drafting related policies, and reviewing submission of materials.
- Makes recommendations for process improvements and reductions in resource use and costs based on metrics and quantitative and qualitative feedback.
- Assists Chief Sustainability officer with creating reports to communicate annual progress.
- Recruits, trains, advises, and supervises a variety of paid and volunteer student workers with a focus on leadership development; reviews and approves time cards.
- Supports student and employee engagement opportunities.
- Conducts desktop research on sustainability related topics, and produces concise briefs for internal audiences.
- Oversees employee engagement including orientations, presentations, training and the Green Office Program.
- Coordinates and maintains periodic communication of sustainability progress in collaboration with Marketing.
- In collaboration with Facilities, identifies and applies best practice to the continuous improvement of waste management processes on campus, including recycling, compost, reduction, and reuse programs.
The ideal candidate will have a Bachelor's degree with three to five years of experience in sustainability data analytics and reporting plus:
- ability to travel up to 20% of the time per business needs
- Able to communicate effectively with multiple internal and external audiences.
- Organized and able to juggle multiple tasks at the same time and establish priorities for meeting deadlines, using time efficiently.
- Work under light supervision; resolve routine questions alone and many complex questions with input from supervisor.
- Exercises independent judgement on a regular basis.
- Ability to define problems, collect data, establish facts, draw valid conclusions, and produce reports and presentations.
- Ability to use email, Microsoft Word and Excel or equivalent software for planning and generation of documents.
- Uses accurate spelling and grammar in written communications.
- Valid drivers license with a good driving record.
This is a full time calendar year exempt position. Primarily day shift with weekends and/or extended hours. Due to the nature of the position, work beyond regular hours and travel (to include evenings and weekends) is necessary in meeting the requirements of the position.
Unity College provides a good salary and benefits package to include medical, dental, vision, Long Term Disability, Short Term Disability, 5 weeks of PTO, 15 holidays and a 6% match on our 403b.
Unity College seeks to attract employees who share a commitment to the environment and to human diversity, and who have an interest in helping students develop an understanding of the richness and complexity of individuals and society.
Qualified and interested candidates should go to www.unity.edu/jobs to complete an application and submit a cover letter, resume and points of contact for 3 references. Review of applications will begin immediately and continue until the position is filled. We look forward to hearing from you!
Remember to say you found this opportunity at EnvironmentalCareer.com