About the Position
Associate, Wildlife Permitting, will report to the Vice President, Wildlife Permitting. The person selected will provide environmental and permitting support for Development and Operation of wind and solar facilities.
- Assist with environmental study and permitting strategies for specific projects in consultation with various stakeholders across the Company.
- Support complex environmental processes within the Company and with outside consultants; oversee the development of necessary documents for compliance with federal, state, and local regulatory requirements and federal and state policies and guidance.
- Conduct environmental and permitting due diligence for development and acquisition opportunities.
- Lead federal and state land and wildlife agency communication and coordination.
- Review technical reports. Reports typically include, but are not limited to: habitat evaluations, desktop environmental screenings, threatened/endangered/sensitive species surveys, avian and bat use surveys, raptor nest inventories, post-construction monitoring studies, conservation plans, and environmental impact statements.
- Participate in regional and national initiatives, symposia, conferences, and industry groups as needed to achieve Company objectives.
- Undergraduate degree in biological science/natural resources. Master’s degree preferred.
- 3-5+ years’ experience with energy project permitting and environmental review.
- Experience with working with state and federal wildlife agencies and NEPA and/or ESA compliance.
- Excellent writing, verbal, and analytical skills.
- Excellent organizational skills, attention to detail.
- Travel required (up to 35%).
Remember to say you found this opportunity at EnvironmentalCareer.com