About the Position: These positions are located with the: US ARMY CORPS OF ENGINEERS, SACRAMENTO DISTRICT, REGULATORY DIVISION.
Position may be filled under one of the following position titles:
-Environmental Engineer (0819)
-Physical Scientist (1301)
Learn more about this agency
- The purpose of the U. S. Army Corps of Engineers' (CoE) Regulatory program is to improve and enhance the physical, biological and chemical integrity of the nation's water resources, and ensure regulated activities in these waters are not contrary to the public interest in terms of environmental, social and economic concerns.
- The incumbent serves as a Senior Regulatory Project Manager, with responsibility for administering and enforcing the Program requirements within the Sacramento District.
- Incumbent evaluates the most complex, controversial or environmentally-sensitive Department of the Army (DA) permit applications and reviews compliance with issued DA permits for activities under Section 404 the Clean Water Act and Section 10 of the Rivers and Harbors Act of 1899.
- Investigates and resolves unauthorized activities and non-compliance with DA permits under Section 404 of the Clean Water and Section 10 of the Rivers and Harbors Act of 1899.
- Participates in the development of programmatic initiatives, procedures, actions and other requirements towards improving the effectiveness and efficiency of the Regulatory Program.
Occasional travel - TDY (Temporary Duty Travel) is approximately 10-35% of the time, but may be as much as 50% as mission essential tasks dictate.
Remember to say you found this opportunity at EnvironmentalCareer.com