Would you like a rewarding career that can make a positive difference in the lives of others? Join the Department of Environmental Protection's California District Mining Office. Apply today for this career opportunity and experience the satisfaction of public service while enjoying professional career growth!
IMPORTANT: YOU MUST APPLY TO THIS VACANCY POSTING, MEET ELIGIBILITY REQUIREMENTS, COMPLETE THE SUPPLEMENTAL QUESTIONS AND RECEIVE A SCORE. YOUR SCORE IS ONLY VALID FOR THIS SPECIFIC VACANCY. ONCE THIS POSITION IS FILLED, YOUR SCORE IS NO LONGER VALID.
- Full-time employment
- For some job offers, offers of employment will be made only if you are willing to travel
DESCRIPTION OF WORK
If filled as an Environmental Engineering Specialist, duties include assigned projects of a complex nature, which may be technically complex or involve Department initiated legal action. Provides technical support, in the preparation of existing and proposed National Pollutant Discharge Elimination System (NPDES) permitting for underground mining and associated facilities.
REQUIRED EXPERIENCE, TRAINING & ELIGIBILITY
- PA residency currently waived for this title
- Minimum Experience and Training Requirements - Successful completion of the training program for Environmental Engineering Trainee; OR one year of professional experience in environmental engineering, and a bachelor's degree in environmental engineering or in any engineering field that includes or is supplemented by 9 credits in environmental engineering; OR two years of professional experience in environmental engineering, and possession of a valid Engineer-in-Training certificate issued by or acceptable to the Pennsylvania State Registration Board for Professional Engineers, Land Surveyors and Geologists; OR one year of professional experience in environmental engineering, and possession of a valid Professional Engineer license issued by the Pennsylvania State Registration Board for Professional Engineers, Land Surveyors and Geologists. Graduate study in environmental engineering or in a closely related field may be substituted for the required experience on a year-for-year basis
- Condition of Employment - Possession of a valid driver's license
- Must be able to perform essential job functions
Remember to say you found this opportunity at EnvironmentalCareer.com