This position is located in Northeast Regional Office, in the Natural Resources Stewardship and Science Division.
The Coastal Ecologist provides a challenging and rewarding opportunity to assist parks and programs with meeting their needs for sound science. You will have the satisfaction of knowing the information collected assists natural and cultural resource decision making in park- based and landscape level management.
Learn more about this agency
As a Ecologist, you will be responsible for:
- You will serve as a technical specialist for coastal ecology to the Northeast Region. Supervision is provided by a senior member of the NER Natural Resources Division and will be duty located at the University of Rhode Island.
- Serves as staff specialist to park and Regional Office managers on coastal/marine resource programs and issues providing technical assistance on coastal/marine ecology.
- The coastal ecologist is responsible for program development and implementation.
- You will apply a systems approach to the study and analysis of coastal/marine ecosystems and other water resource program activities, including wetlands ecology, aquatic ecology, watershed management, and water quality monitoring.
- You will provide technical guidance on the application of ecological principles to parks in the preparation, revision, and updating of management plans and compliance, and assists parks and Regional Office staff in the evaluation and coordination of management, monitoring, inventory, and research programs and strategies with park units and other stakeholders.
Less than FPL: Duties will be developmental in nature when filled below the full performance level.
25% or less - You may be expected to travel for this position.
Remember to say you found this opportunity at EnvironmentalCareer.com