Weston Solutions, Inc. is actively seeking an experienced environmental scientist to provide technical support and expertise to project managers. The Scientist provides clients with accurate and pertinent scientific data according to agreed upon methods, procedures, and techniques. Provides sound conclusions and recommendations based upon field investigations and literature reviews within the established project schedules.
This role will perform field activities including upfront Plans/EHASPs/EHASP Addendums and follow-on Report preparation under environmental contracts.
- Implements field and sampling programs appropriate to the assigned projects.
- Obtains all data as prescribed by the scope of work and present it in a logical, coherent manner. Prepares written reports, tables, figures and illustrations.
- Conducts laboratory analysis appropriate to the proper identification and evaluation of samples (if applicable).
- Conducts literature searches to compile pertinent information and evaluates and correlates the compiled literature.
- As assigned, assists, reviews and/or evaluates on-going projects in the specialty.
- Maintains a current knowledge of the recent works in the field for application on existing and proposed projects.
- Recommends improvements in sampling techniques and system design, laboratory practices, etc.
- Relies on a knowledge of both laboratory and field investigation methods and procedures. Field investigating procedures include selection of sampling sites, use of sampling equipment and knowledge of sampling techniques. Laboratory investigation consists of being able to process the samples collected in the field (processing methods may be project specific) in order to assure proper identification.
- Thoroughly understands and conducts scientific literature searches. Assesses data as it relates to project identification.
- Uses biometrics and statistical analysis in applying data analysis techniques.
- Prepares meaningful, precise, easily read, scientific reports of field and laboratory results appropriate to the defined areas of investigation.
- Prepares natural resource permitting and compliance documents.
- Maintains current knowledge of State and Federal regulations.
Knowledge, Skills & Abilities
- B.S. or B.A. in Environmental Sciences with 3-5 years of experience
- Prior environmental services experience with power utility companies (primarily in NYS, NYC and NJ)
- Conscientious work ethic and attention to detail a must
- Understanding and working knowledge of NYSDEC DER-10 guidance and NJ regulations
- Working in both urban and City environments
- Good working relationship with subcontractors (drillers, labs, geophysical)
- Good communication skills and able to communicate with client site representatives
- Good field skills (soil/gw sampling, soil logging, well and piezometer installation, multi-media sampling (caulk, paint, solids/liquids, etc.), and industrial hygiene (air sampling, noise dosimetry) including logbook entries, implement Work Plans and FSAP
Remember to say you found this opportunity at EnvironmentalCareer.com