ERM is looking for a motivated, detail-oriented Staff Environmental Remediation Engineer to join our growing team in Philadelphia, PA (office in Malvern, PA). Working under the direction of project managers, professional engineers, and partners, the successful candidate will work on interesting site investigation and remediation projects throughout the Mid-Atlantic area and other US and global locations. You may also have the opportunity to work on a variety of other types of projects, covering the full spectrum of ERM’s services.
This is a great opportunity to work with ERM's technical experts to implement the latest engineering and remediation technologies, while building the required experience to obtain your professional registration.
- Assist in engineering design associated with various types of groundwater, soil, capping, and air/vapor remediation projects. Design tasks can include evaluating data, performing calculations, conducting research, estimating quantities and costs, preparing design drawings (working with our CAD operators), and writing technical specifications, contract documents, and design reports.
- Perform groundwater, soil, air, and vapor sampling at project sites.
- Conduct other field work, including remedial pilot tests, quality assurance activities, and construction oversight.
- Perform periodic monitoring, operation, and maintenance on groundwater remediation systems and other types of remediation systems.
- Compile and evaluate data and assist in report preparation.
- Prepare environmental compliance plans, permits, and reports for air quality, hazardous waste, spill prevention, storm water (SWPPPs and E&S Plans), groundwater, and wastewater.
- Perform stormwater management modeling, calculations, and controls design.
- Assist in ensuring compliance with applicable federal, state, and local environmental regulations.
- Work within quality/budget/schedule expectations and scope-specific assignments.
- Communicate with subcontractors, regulatory agents, tenants, and clients during design and field activities.
- BS in civil, environmental, geological, or chemical engineering or related degree. Minimum 3.0 GPA.
- Recent graduate to 2 years of relevant experience.
- Ability and willingness to travel.
- Willingness/interest in field assignments.
- Environmental field work experience and 40-hour OSHA HAZWOPER certification a plus.
- Familiarity with AutoCAD and/or ArcGIS a plus.
- Proficiency with MS Office suite (e.g., Excel, PowerPoint, Word).
- Strong commitment to safety, including following established Health and Safety protocols.
- Valid driver’s license and a good driving record.
- Excellent written/verbal communication and organization/analytical skills; experience recording/writing detailed technical data and reports a plus.
- Ability to work independently and as part of a team.
- Detail-oriented and thorough.
- Mechanical aptitude and hands-on trouble-shooting/problem-solving skills.
- Ability to work on multiple projects and tasks simultaneously, maintain flexibility, and work independently with minimal supervision.
Remember to say you found this opportunity at EnvironmentalCareer.com