Tech Manager - Environmental Affairs - Seattle
Amazon’s Global Environmental Affairs team is seeking a Tech Manager for Environmental Affairs. This position will report directly to the WW Director of Environmental Affairs and is based in Seattle. This position has a global scope.
The Tech Manager will serve as a global leader for the hazmat storage team coordinating with Tech, Business, Supply Chain and Compliance teams to continually reduce risks and drive hazardous material storage compliance. They will lead engagement across Amazon’s tech teams that are integral to development of Amazon’s hazmat storage program and provide subject matter expertise of hazmat storage requirements, geo policies and global standards to internal Amazon stakeholder teams. The successful candidate will develop new hazmat storage mechanisms, and lead the process development working with tech teams. This role will support global compliance programs, initiatives and collaborate with regional FC operational leaders and business teams.
The ideal candidate for this role should be able to work successfully in a fast-paced environment, be an effective communicator both verbally and in writing, possess strong technical knowledge of tech-based systems, be able to develop Amazon Redshift/PostgreSQL 8.0.2 code, and have a background in global hazardous material storage.
· Lead and own the product and tech roadmap to improve the storage processes for hazmat in Amazon fulfillment network.
· Serve as the technical subject matter expert in Amazon fulfillment processes and logic for the Global Hazardous Materials Storage team;
· Enable regulation and internal policy-based storage/handling processes in Amazon Fulfillment Centers (FC’s) globally for storage of hazmat;
· Development of hierarchies, rules and logic based on the Globally Harmonization System (GHS), and product attributes to drive WW storage and handling processes within Amazon network;
· Improve Amazon FC Operations tools for hazmat storage.
· Drive efficient storage strategies for Hazmat products, enabling them to be below regulatory thresholds;
· Possess a understanding of the regional hazardous materials storage regulations and programs;
· Track and monitor global and regional hazmat storage metrics in line with team and functional goals and objectives;
· Undertake regulatory review of global and regional hazmat storage, standards and regulatory initiative;
· Serve as the tech subject matter expert for the Global Hazardous Materials Storage team;
· Provide 3P consultant and vendor management support (RFP/PO/Payment)
· Partner with regional internal and external stakeholders to ensure information on hazmat storage polices/standards are communicated, implemented and executed, among employees, vendors and third-party contractors.
· Provide environmental regulatory guidance to cross functional business and tech teams.
· A Bachelor’s Degree in Software Engineering, Information Technology Management, systems Engineering or Environmental Science / Engineering / Management, or other EHS fields.
· Strong understanding / knowledge of hazmat storage legislations globally.
· Demonstrated knowledge of tech system integration and proficient knowledge Amazon Redshift/PostgreSQL 8.0.2
· Excellent English written and verbal communication skills.
· Demonstrate a level of interpersonal skills to work effectively with others and achieve results.
· Ability to adapt to fast-paced environments with changing directions and strategy.
· Ability to work to targets and deadlines and prioritize tasks as per needs and leadership expectation.
· Advanced Tech or Environmental Engineering degree;
· Preferable 7+ years of experience as a tech or environmental professional.
· Java, C++, and/or Python programming knowledge and experience
· Experience in a fast paced, changing/growing organization is a plus.
· Strong analytical skills with demonstrated problem solving ability.
· Proven track record of sound decision making, taking ownership and delivering results.
Remember to say you found this opportunity at EnvironmentalCareer.com