Amazon’s APAC Environmental Affairs team is seeking an Environmental Coordinator. This position will work directly under the APAC Environmental Program Manager. The scope of this position includes Asia Pacific (APAC).
The Environmental Coordinator will help to develop a strong environmental culture and collaborate with regional teams to continually reduce risks and drive environmental compliance. The successful candidate will assist the APAC EA PM in rolling out environmental programs and projects, developing environmental procedures, supporting with compliance and internal audit protocols and collaborating with regional EHS and business teams for tracking, collection and consolidation of data.
The ideal candidate for this role should be able to work successfully in a fast-paced environment, be an effective communicator both verbally and in writing, possess basic environmental regulatory knowledge, and preferably demonstrate this expertise when partnering with stakeholders.
- Possess an understanding of the regional environmental regulations and programs and support with the implementation;
-Track and monitor regional environmental metrics in line with team and functional goals and objectives;
- Undertake regulatory review of regional environmental laws, standards and regulatory initiatives.
- Support and participate in regulatory and internal audit programs and assist to track and monitor regional performance.
- Support with drafting and reviewing regional environmental procedures and facilitate / arrange training packages / programs.
- Be proficient in Environmental Information Systems (EIS) software such as Gensuite.
- Monitor environmental related Compliance Calendar Tasks and Actions on Amazon’s EIS software.
- Assist in the development and maintenance of the environmental permit database, regional inspection tools, and waste tracker on Amazon’s EIS software.
- Provide 3P consultant and vendor management support (RFP/PO/Payment)
- Partner with regional internal and external stakeholders to ensure information on environmental polices / standards are communicated, implemented and executed upon among employees, vendors and third-party contractors.
- Assist in drafting weekly/monthly MBR/quarterly QBR reports.
- Provide environmental guidance to other Amazon.com teams.
· A Bachelor’s Degree in Environmental Science / Engineering / Management, Sustainability, or other EHS fields.
· Basic understanding / knowledge of environmental legislations (across APAC).
· Excellent English written and verbal communication skills.
· Demonstrate a level of interpersonal skills to work effectively with others and achieve results.
· Ability to adapt to fast-paced environments with changing directions and strategy.
· Ability to work to targets and deadlines and prioritize tasks as per needs and leadership expectation.
· Advanced degree in an Environmental (or EHS-related field).
· ISO 14000 or equivalent experience preferred.
· Preferable 2+ years of experience as an environmental (or EHS) professional.
· Experience in a fast paced, changing/growing organization is a plus.
· Strong analytical skills with demonstrated problem solving ability.
· Proven track record of sound decision making, taking ownership, and delivering results.
Remember to say you found this opportunity at EnvironmentalCareer.com