WSP USA Inc. is currently looking for an Environmental Engineer with 1 to 3 years of professional experience to work in our Minneapolis, MN office. WSP’s professionals enjoy the opportunity to travel, completing a range of environmental assessment and remediation projects. This is a tremendous opportunity to broaden your engineering, regulatory, compliance, and field sampling experience as you grow your career with WSP.
- Assist with the evaluation, selection, design, and implementation of site remedies involving soil, groundwater, sediment, surface water, and vapor; treatment of hazardous waste; site management; and closure.
- Perform hands-on field implementation of site remedies (in-situ and ex-situ), bench-scale and pilot-scale studies, remediation system operation and maintenance, contaminated media sampling, and contractor oversight.
- Perform environmental construction monitoring and documentation.
- Record, evaluate, and interpret data, prepare reports and work plans, and provide analysis and interpretations of findings.
- Conduct environmental due diligence assessments of industrial and commercial facilities, roadway corridors, and vacant properties, including Phase I environmental site assessments.
- Assist in preparing remediation liability estimates.
- Synthesize large amounts of information contained in regulatory files, environmental permits, and other environmental documentation.
- Provide assistance in evaluation and compliance with environmental laws and regulations.
- Assist in the preparation of environmental permits.
- Conduct environmental sampling of soil, groundwater, sediment, surface water, soil vapor, indoor air, waste streams, and building materials.
- Assist in developing written proposals including supporting cost estimates.
Knowledge, Skills, and Abilities
- Field work experience in environmental engineering through full-time, part-time, or internship position (preferred).
- Ability to analyze and solve problems independently, work under pressure, and meet deadlines.
- Basic knowledge of environmental laws and regulations such as CERCLA, RCRA, HSWA, CWA, NEPA, and CAA.
- Experience conducting Phase I environmental site assessments following ASTM International Standard E 1527-13 and ASTM Rural Standard E 2247-16 (preferred).
- Proficiency with ArcGIS (preferred).
- Clear and concise verbal and written communication skills with clients and management.
- Ability to work as a team member with people of differing backgrounds and experience.
- Flexibility to travel via land and air up to 50% of the time to locations in the United States and Canada working overtime when necessary with periodic extended field assignments.
- Job assignments may involve work on waste disposal sites and sites requiring cleanup of hazardous materials. Participation in an OSHA-mandated medical surveillance program will be required, and safety training will be provided before being assigned to work on these sites. Applicants must be able to wear a full-face respirator.
- Applicants must be able to work in locations that feature the rough terrain typical of construction sites and to enter and work within facilities that include limited accessibility, moving machinery, and other conditions typical of industrial facilities.
- Fulfillment of the position's responsibilities may require working in adverse weather conditions at times.
- Applicants may be asked to participate in a drug screening program at the request of specific clients.
Education and/or training:
- Bachelor’s degree in civil engineering, environmental engineering, or related discipline. Master’s preferred.
- 1-3 years of remediation engineering and Phase 1 environmental assessments required.
- Valid US driver’s license.
- Certifications desired: Engineer-in-Training (EIT) certification, OSHA 40 Hour HAZWOPER Training, OSHA 8 Hour HAZWOPER Refresher Training, DOT Training, CPR and First Aid Training, and other related environmental certifications.
- Local/Midwest candidate required.
Remember to say you found this opportunity at EnvironmentalCareer.com