Job Description We have an outstanding opportunity for a Senior Environmental Engineer to support the growth of our environmental business in Texas, as well as support environmental due diligence projects, contaminated site investigations, and site remediation projects in Texas, and throughout the Mountain region and United States, from our Houston, Texas office. This exciting position involves business development and helping to build our client network in the Houston area. The appropriately qualified candidate will be able to demonstrate an established career in the environmental consulting business, specific to contaminated site investigation and remediation. Additionally, the candidate will be instrumental in helping to grow our Houston, Texas Water and Environment business.
- Full technical and project management responsibility for soil, groundwater, and vapor investigation and remediation projects, including planning, scheduling, and coordination.
- Develop and implement site investigation plans and feasibility, bench-scale, and pilot-scale studies.
- Record, evaluate, and interpret data, prepare reports and work plans, and provide analysis and interpretations of findings.
- Review and stamp/certify technical reports submitted to agencies. Serve as a senior resource for project related work.
- Prepare environmental permits for air, water, and waste issues, including the implementation of remedial designs.
- Provide assistance in evaluation and compliance with environmental laws and regulations, and environmental liability.
- Proactively identify opportunities to increase project efficiencies, improve technical methodologies and add value to client service offerings.
- Meet project delivery expectations for scope, budget, schedule, and quality.
- Assist in the development and implementation of a strategic business/action plan, and provide leadership, to expand client base.
- Identify and develop new opportunities and prepare effective technical proposals.
- Take an active leadership role in developing new business with new clients.
- Develop and expand client relationships that generate repeat business.
Talent is the essence of meeting our client’s objectives, goals and challenges. If this sounds like a fit for you, we’d love to have that first discussion of you joining our team.
This position also requires excellent written and spoken communication skills, organizational and time management skills, flexibility to work on a multitude of diverse projects, a positive attitude, and a willingness to learn new skills. Additionally, the ideal candidate will demonstrate:
- Proven track record in developing and implementing successful business growth strategies.
- Demonstrated ability to develop and maintain long-term relationships with clients, and drive sales growth in consulting services.
- Ability to analyze and solve problems independently, work under pressure, and meet deadlines.
- Basic knowledge of environmental laws and regulations such as CERCLA, RCRA, HSWA, CWA, NEPA; and experience with TCEQ and RRC programs and policies.
- Flexibility to travel via land and air to locations in the United States, and work overtime when necessary with periodic field assignments.
- Computer use and applications skills required, including MS Word, MS Excel, and Adobe Acrobat.
- Water and/or wastewater engineering, and AutoCAD experience is a plus, but not required.
Education and Experience: Bachelor’s degree in civil engineering, environmental engineering, or related discipline; Master’s degree preferred. 15+ years of experience in an environmental engineering consulting company in Texas. Texas Professional Engineer (PE) License. Certifications desired: OSHA 40 Hour HAZWOPER Training, OSHA 8 Hour HAZWOPER Refresher Training, DOT Training, and other related environmental certifications.
Remember to say you found this opportunity at EnvironmentalCareer.com