We are seeking an experienced Environmental Professional to represent ENERCON at a client site in Los Alamos, NM (LANL) for long-term, full-time contracts.
Provides environmental surveillance and monitoring, consultations, analyses, process improvements and audits, for environmental compliance with N3B management to solve environmental-related problems.
Prepares and develops technical and regulatory documents and deliverables. Serves as a subject matter expert and liaison between the N3B and regulatory agencies on environmental law and regulations in one or more of the following compliance areas: air; groundwater or water pollution; biological or cultural resources; Resource Conservation and Recovery Act (RCRA), solid, and radioactive waste and materials; and/or National Environmental Policy Act (NEPA), ISO 14000, pollution prevention and Consent Order.
Provides resolutions to a diverse range of complex problems where analysis of data requires evaluation of identifiable factors. Exercises judgment in selecting methods and techniques for obtaining solutions. Determines approach to solutions, plans schedule and arranges own activities in accomplishing objectives.
1. Safety and security are a primary responsibility for all N3B and contract employees. Maintains required safety and security training, assures safety and security compliance, and makes safety and security an integral part of every task, including taking the necessary steps to stop work if continuing the job is unsafe or compromises security.
2. Maintains a good working knowledge of relevant federal, state and local environmental, occupational health, legislation, regulations and executive orders, including regulatory agreements and consent orders.
3. Analyzes current processes and practices based upon environmental science expertise, recommends sound environmental practices to the Environmental Manager for distribution to programs, directorates and institution-wide.
4. Prepares and reviews facility safety plans, integrated work documents, and associated safety plans, design reviews and other technical documents in collaboration with the lead Environmental Professional and program management.
5. Evaluating experimental design and installation reviews and other technical documents for adequacy with regard to pertinent environmental requirements in collaboration with the lead Environmental Professional and program management.
6. Provides advice and consults with all levels of staff throughout the institution in identifying, resolving, and developing solutions to environmental-related problems.
7. Prepares responses to regulatory agency requests.
8. Interfaces with all levels of Laboratory staff and managers, DOE/NNSA, LASO, state and federal subject matter experts (SMEs), stakeholders and regulators.
9. Conducts environmental analyses and audits of operations and facilities for customers to identify potential environmental issues and negotiates and/or consults with and recommends resolutions to customers.
10. Assesses environmental risk and develops regulatory documentation of results.
11. Performs hazardous waste site inspections and recommends appropriate action to management in compliance with regulations.
12. Maintains and uses personal protective equipment.
13. May provide leadership to Environmental Professional Level I and Environmental Technicians.
14. May act as lead person or technical advisor on small to medium sized projects.
15. Understands and adheres to all Laboratory and industry regulatory guidance and governance specific to environmental protection.
16. Ensures all environmental protection results, materials, processes and final products meet quality specifications and are completed according to established requirements.
17. Fosters a mutually respectful work environment that is free from discrimination and harassment.
• Proven customer service orientation and consultation skills sufficient to partner with client organizations to implement sound environmental practices.
• Working knowledge of Laboratory fiscal management processes and procedures.
• Working knowledge of permit reviews.
• Working knowledge of and experience with environmental protection regulations, policies, and procedures.
• Working knowledge of and experience with environmental engineering.
• Working knowledge of common and unique work hazards, occupational safety practices, operating configuration, and lock-out/tag-out policies and procedures.
• Understands and interprets various physical, mechanical, and electrical documents, blueprints, drawings, and schematics.
• Experience and demonstrated skill in conducting research, investigating alternative solutions, and recommending solutions on problems affecting environmental protection.
• Skill to conceptualize and communicate major elements of environmental protection to both technical and non-technical personnel.
• Skill in the preparation and presentation of environmental protection reports.
• Working knowledge of the Laboratory’s environmental protection policies, practices, and procedures.
Bachelor’s degree in science or other related field preferred. Position typically requires a minimum five years of related experience, or an equivalent combination of education and experience.
*All candidates must have the ability to pass a pre-employment and random drug and alcohol screenings; ENERCON and client specific background checks; and an annual motor vehicle record (MVR) according to company and client policies
Remember to say you found this opportunity at EnvironmentalCareer.com
Apply early because employers may close the job listing any time.