Kimley-Horn is looking for an environmental scientist to join our Raleigh, NC office. The qualified candidate will have knowledge of biological sciences, natural resource regulations, water quality regulatory programs, wetlands identification including knowledge of botany and soil science and experience or classwork in ecology, geology, water resources, geographic information systems and environmental science.
- Have or in process of receiving by summer 2019, a BS or MS in Environmental Science, Botany, Biology, Ecology, or comparable Natural Resources degree.
- 0 to 5 years of relevant experience
- Strong technical writing skills
- Strong interpersonal skills
- Strong plant ID skills
- Desire to work in both an office environment and in the field
- Strong sense of urgency and self-initiative to meet client deadlines
- Ability to manage multiple priorities
- Ability to work independently and on a team
- Flexibility to travel to other offices and cities for projects as needed
- Valid drivers license required
- Field experience
- Applicable internship experience
- Experience writing technical reports
- GIS, Word, Excel
- Microstation (preferred but not required)
Bachelors or better in Environmental Science or related field.
Remember to say you found this opportunity at EnvironmentalCareer.com