Job Description and Duties
Under the close supervision of DPR’s Cannabis Program Manager and Senior Environmental Scientist (Supervisory) the incumbent performs a full range of tasks focusing on the scientific analysis and investigatory fieldwork relative to the registration, sales, and use of pesticides, including its use on cannabis. The incumbent performs a broad range of scientific, technical and professional duties related to the implementation and support of DPR’s Cannabis Program.
Duties include, but are not limited to:
- Conducts multidisciplinary product compliance inspections and investigations conducted at manufacturing facilities, pesticide dealers, retail locations, ports, wholesale distribution centers and on-line as it relates to cannabis cultivation.
- Collects pesticide product samples used in the cultivation of cannabis.
- Evaluates levels of compliance; identifies trends and anomalies; develops and recommends means to improve compliance and measures the success of enforcement efforts throughout the marketplace.
- Provides information on suspected violations of the Food and Agricultural Code and California Code of Regulations with respect to pesticide enforcement on cannabis cultivation.
- Serves as a liaison within the Department and with external stakeholders to explain the nature of and scientific basis of laws and regulations protective of human health and the environment.
You will find additional information about the job in the Duty Statement.
You will find the Minimum Requirements in the Class Specification.
Remember to say you found this opportunity at EnvironmentalCareer.com