The Dow Chemical Company has an interesting and challenging opportunity for an Environment, Health & Safety Improvement Specialist (m/f) to be based in Terneuzen, the Netherlands.
The EH&S (Environment, Health and Safety) Improvement Specialist is responsible for supporting the Dow Benelux sites and plants regarding improvement activities and projects regarding environmental performance goals and programs.
This role has knowledge of World Leading Operations performance (WLO) goals and governmental programs and regulations. This role serves as subject matter expert and program manager for the site thriving for continuous improvement and pro-activeness in this area. This role works closely together with Environmental Specialists, Department and Functional Leaders in development and implementation of environmental improvement and sustainability projects.
Scope and project management expectations:
- Manages environmental Improvement Programs.
- Coordinates improvement plans defined as part of WLO performance improvements for Dow Benelux.
- Closely works with business and plant representatives to identify, define and maintain multi year goals and plans for environmental improvements aligned with the Dow 2025 Sustainability goals and external goals, whichever are more stringent.
- Collaborates with project teams of other related Circular Economy and Valuing Nature improvement projects that are related to Dow Benelux sites.
- Organizes Capital or Expense project budget requests and authorizations for site envelope improvement projects related to Environmental and Sustainability performance
- Timely identifies and defines environmental improvement goals and plans for Dow Terneuzen associated with legal requirements, findings defined in self assessments, in- and external audits and inspections.
- Conduct trend analysis on both structural environmental impacts from the operations and environmental incidents and special operations conditions (BBO).
- Maintains and improves the environmental management system including maintaining ISO 14001-2015 certification
- Coordinates the yearly GEI and eMJV reporting and assists Public Affairs in writing the sustainability report for Dow Terneuzen
- Be auditor for internal environmental audits in EH&S integrated and ISO14001 internal auditing.
- Work close together with Environmental Specialists and other Subject Matter Experts in related fields.
- Member of site taskforce for Environmental & Sustainability improvements.
- Participates in related internal and external environmental networks.
Critical Success Factors
This is a key role to ensure progress in environmental compliance and improvement in line with Dows WLO and governmental environmental goals.
- Maintains a good relationship with governmental agencies
- Works closely together with EH&S Operations Regulatory Affairs and EH&S and Sustainability goal owners and SME’s
- This position typically requires a Master degree in the respective field (Environmental sciences, Environmental Technology, Environmental Law or related).
- Preferably expertise in project management.
- Candidates for this position should have at least 3 years related experience and or 5 years of external experience in a similar role.
- Good knowledge of Dutch, English and preferably also French languages – verbal and written.
- Good skills in handling databases and processing data.
Remember to say you found this opportunity at EnvironmentalCareer.com