This Senior Environmental Advisor provides oversight for the Corpus Christi Refinery employees in Environmental Department air compliance as required by federal and state regulations and permits. Actions taken are to be done in a technically sound and economic manner. The job includes responsibilities for compliance as well as supervisory responsibility for technical staff.
- Understand the state and federal regulations that apply to air areas, develop and carry out strategies to comply with these regulations and the permits, keep abreast of actual and potential changes in applicable regulations and assess the impacts of changes on the Corpus Christi Refinery.
- Oversee preparation and timely and accurate submittal of air regulatory and permit required internal and external reports including those associated with the Refinery's Title V Compliance Program.
- Manage and/or prepare air permit applications for construction, amendment, permit by rule and Title V, follow up with the appropriate agency for timely issuance of these permits and confirm that mechanisms are in place to comply with these permits.
- Respond to emission events and Regulatory Agency information requests and provide regulatory support for implementation of response.
- Lead team effort with agencies during air related inspections to best represent CITGO's interests. Build good working relations with the regulatory agencies. Respond to these inspections and provide feedback to support CITGO's compliance efforts and develop program enhancements as necessary to improve CITGO's compliance.
- Be one of the leaders of the Refinery's environmental awareness program: "Eyes on the Environment".
- Bachelor of Science Degree in Engineering, Environmental Science or other technical related field
- Minimum of eight (8) years of job related experience
Candidates must be able to obtain a TWIC (Transportation Worker Identification Credentials Card)
ELIGIBILITY REQUIREMENTS: The Maritime Transportation Security Act requires all persons who will need unescorted access to a regulated facility to have a valid Transportation Worker Identification Credential (TWIC), issued in accordance with the rules established by the United States Coast Guard and the Transportation Security Administration. Candidates selected for employment must meet eligibility criteria to obtain a TWIC card.
The following link lists the eligible criteria for all persons trying to obtain a TWIC card: https://universalenroll.dhs.gov/
*Must have current valid drivers license.*
*CITGO is an Equal Opportunity Employer.*
Please apply at: https://www.citgo.com/Careers.jsp
Remember to say you found this opportunity at EnvironmentalCareer.com