Multiple Locations: Lebanon, Tennessee; Atlanta, Georgia; Memphis, Tennessee
About FedEx Supply Chain
FedEx Supply Chain, a subsidiary of FedEx Corp. (NYSE: FDX), is a leader in the third-party logistics industry offering a diverse service portfolio that enables commerce for businesses. With a proven track record of innovation and operational excellence, FedEx Supply Chain takes a consultative approach to optimize logistics processes, implement innovative technology and drive continuous improvement. By leveraging best practices and the world-renowned FedEx network, FedEx Supply Chain delivers leading solutions that provide flexibility, enable scalability and improve cost-effectiveness for customers. Through more than 11,000 employees, 130 operations and 35 million square feet of warehouse space, FedEx Supply Chain manages nearly 150 million packages and processes 358 million returns each year. For more information, go to supplychain.fedex.com.
- A strong FedEx brand consistently ranked among the world’s most admired and trusted employers.
- A top notch leadership team with the experience needed to grow and develop your career.
- An open mind for new ideas and creative methods.
- A strong compensation and benefits package, including health, vision, dental, 401k with a strong match and much more!
Overall responsibility for the implementation of the corporate Environmental Health & Safety vision and strategy for assigned region.
This Position Will Be Responsible For…..
- Promotes a “Safety Above All” culture.
- Management responsibilities include, but are not limited to: hiring, terminations, coaching, skills development, recognition and rewards, performance management and staff productivity.
- Plans, organizes, staffs, directs and controls the day-to-day operations of the department. In conjunction with Sr. Manager, develops and implements policies and programs as necessary.
- Develops and manages the department budget. Ensures compliance and is responsible to address variances and other budget concerns.
- Manages the implementation and customization of the corporate safety vision and strategy through field Safety Managers, Safety Representatives and Safety Specialists.
- Ensures that safety initiatives are consistently administered in compliance with FedEx Supply Chain policies and government regulations
- Leads or participates in company-wide safety forums and groups.
- Manages relationships with major suppliers to communicate the impact of safety performance on mutual business success factors.
- Performs other duties as assigned.
You might be a great fit if…
- Bachelor's degree in Logistics, Safety, Industrial Hygiene, or other related field required. Master's degree preferred.
- Five (5) years of experience required in Industrial/Occupational Safety, Operations Safety, Operations Management
- Professional designation in one or more of the following preferred: Associate Safety Professional (ASP), Certified Safety Professional (CSP), and/or Certified Industrial Hygienist (CIH).
- Presentation skills necessary to facilitate training and/or deliver informational sessions to group and/or individuals.
- Time management, organizational and multi-tasking skills necessary to work in a fast-paced environment, and to handle various tasks and changing priorities, all while maintaining careful attention to detail, as required to successfully complete daily assignments and satisfy performance goals.
- Verbal and written communication skills necessary to explain complex and/or confidential information.
- Software skills, including use of Microsoft Office and web-based applications.
- Ability to anticipate and identify problems, analyze data, and use sound judgment and fact-based analysis to develop effective and efficient solutions.
- Advanced knowledge of concepts, practices, and industry trends related to industrial/occupational safety.
- Willingness and ability to travel to all FedEx Supply Chain locations.
- Ability to inspire a shared vision, empower and motivate a team.
- Demonstrates knowledge in the majority of these areas: Industrial/Occupational Safety, Safety, Hazardous Materials, Ergonomics, Fire Protection, Facility Operations Safety.
- Strong basic management and human relations skills.
ADA – FedEx Supply Chain will make reasonable accommodations in compliance with the Americans with Disabilities Act of 1990. Reasonable accommodations are available for qualified individuals with disabilities throughout the subsequent application process.
FedEx Supply Chain is an equal opportunity and affirmative action employer. Qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to their race, color, religion, national origin, sex, protected veteran status, disability, or any other characteristic protected by law. FedEx Supply Chain participates in E-Verify.