Do you love helping other people succeed and want to ‘be the change’ by playing an important part in something bigger than yourself? Are you optimistic, energetic and committed to doing your best work every day? Do you believe that sustainable energy is a necessary part of our future and are excited by the prospect of being part of a team dedicated to making that a reality? Do you enjoy working independently and owning your results? Do you welcome a challenge with a ‘make it happen‘ attitude? Do you want to be part of a BCorp that was rated Best for the Environment and also won Triangle Business Journal - 2018 Best Place To Work? If this sounds like you, then we want to hear from you!
Southern Energy Management (SEM) is a pioneering sustainable energy company with big plans for the future. We are seeking a full-time Multifamily Project Coordinator responsible for supporting our Multifamily team and client partners to achieve various green ratings and certifications such as ENERGY STAR, LEED for Homes, National Green Building Standard and more. This position is local to our main office and does involve traveling to project sites with the potential for overnights stays. The travel area is focused in the south-east with a national reach.
This is an excellent career opportunity with outstanding growth potential for the right individual. SEM offers competitive salaries and an outstanding benefits package to full-time team members including health insurance, matching 401(k) and more. This position is full-time and based out of SEM’s home office in Raleigh, NC.
- Project Coordinator (PC) will perform duties in support of project teams pursuing program certification
- PC will be expected to know and or quickly research relevant policies, and be innovative regarding their application to the specific client environment.
- Routine communications may include status reports, action item tracking, resource management, scheduling site visits, financial or cost tracking, and/or portfolio management
- Solid planning and organizational skills; attention to detail and ability to handle multiple tasks at once
- Experience in project management, project support, and/or business analysis
- Experience working with cross-functional and geographically distributed teams
- Energized by a variety of working relationships
- Ability to analyze, prioritize requests, and provide meaningful observations
- Answer incoming calls and emails for technical support
- File maintenance
- Field test new buildings for energy efficiency performance factors including whole house air leakage and duct leakage.
- Inspect buildings for compliance with required energy-efficient construction and program details in framing, insulation, air barrier, and HVAC.
- Perform accurate and expedient data entry of field collected data.
- Work closely and collaboratively with general contractors and subcontractors, providing on-site technical assistance with means and methods for achieving specification and/or certification standards.
- Good customer relationship skills are of utmost importance. This position works closely and collaboratively with SEM’s multifamily team as well as external clients like general contractor and subcontractors.
- Excellent communication skills - both verbal and written. (humor a big plus)
- Excellent organizational, time management and problem-solving skills.
- Ability to maintain ones’ own schedule and tasks independently.
- Strong math and geometry skills.
- 1-3+ years of relevant project management experience
- Salesforce CRM experience
- Exceptional attention to detail
- Proficient in Microsoft Office (MS Excel specifically) and the ability to navigate web-based platforms
- Fast and accurate data entry (demonstrate the ability to type >40 words per minute).
- Ability to lift and carry 50 pounds for 100 feet unassisted.
- Ability to work outdoors and on construction sites.
- Valid driver’s license and clean driving record.
- Experience with HERS ratings and/or energy modeling software preferred.
- Having the HERS Rater and/or NGBS Green Verifier designation is preferred.
- A strong commitment to sustainable energy and dedication to the core values and long-term vision of SEM is a must.
- Passion for sustainability, clean energy, and energy efficiency
- Strong ability to multi-task and mitigate unexpected interruptions within tight deadlines
- Flexible, eager to learn and willing to do whatever it takes to make each project and our team at Southern Energy Management successful
- Coordinate cross-functional meetings, capture notes, update action and risk logs, and support general project reporting
How to Apply
Our online application will give you the option to apply to this role as a complete person – not just a resume. The application will assess your qualifications, personality traits, and workplace preferences, and should take 10 to 15 minutes to complete. After submitting, you'll receive an email inviting you to log in and view your assessment results.
We value diversity and inclusion and encourage all qualified people to apply. If we can make this easier through accommodation in the recruitment process, please contact us with the “Help” button in the application.
Proud to be one of the first sustainable energy companies to certify as a B-Corporation, our mission is to improve the way people make and use energy.
Remember to say you found this opportunity at EnvironmentalCareer.com