HydroGeoLogic, Inc. (HGL) has positions open for Principal Project Managers to support HGL’s growing business with the U.S. Environmental Protection Agency (EPA). HGL is a leader in the environmental remediation industry, with over 30 years of experience providing comprehensive engineering and design services by implementing innovative, effective, and sustainable solutions that address environmental, infrastructure, and natural resource management challenges. HGL provides environmental engineering, remediation, and construction services, as well as Military Munitions Response Program support to EPA, U.S. Department of Defense (DoD), U.S. Air Force (AF), U.S. Army Corps of Engineers, U.S. Department of Energy (DOE), and other federal and state government clients. HGL offers a dynamic work environment for creative, energetic professionals.
The positions may be filled in the following locations, depending on applicant qualifications: Boston, MA; New York, NY; Albany, NY; Philadelphia, PA; Reston, VA; Atlanta, GA; Orlando, FL; Huntsville, AL; Dallas, TX; San Antonio, TX; Chicago, IL; Kansas City, KS; Denver, CO; Phoenix, AZ; San Francisco, CA; and Seattle, WA.
The successful candidate will be responsible for managing the technical and administrative aspects of a variety of projects, including CERCLA remedial investigations and feasibility studies; remedial designs and construction; operations; and third-party oversight.
Responsibilities and expectations for this position include:
- Ability to develop project budgets based on scope, and develop project schedules to meet performance and pay milestones.
- Ability to direct, manage, and lead project teams to meet project budget and schedule.
- Strong communication skills to interact effectively with clients, regulators, project team members, and company management.
- Ability to support business development efforts, including scoping and developing cost estimates for competitive procurement.
- Ability to successfully execute multiple projects and tasks concurrently.
- Ability to provide technical support and/or supervision of a variety of in-house projects is required.Tasks may include calculations, overseeing the development and review of maps, drawings, and specifications, data collection, data entry and analysis, oversight of field operations, project management, and cost estimation.
- Periodic business travel is required. Travel is anticipated to consist of visits to client offices and project sites. Travel is expected about 15% of the year.
- Experience working on EPA contracts.
- The Senior Project Manager position requires 10-15 years of directly relevant experience, which must include extensive experience managing environmental investigation, remediation, LTRA, and/or construction projects for the EPA, DoD, and/or DOE.
- Strong technical writing, organizational, and oral communication skills required. The successful candidate will show directly relevant experience that demonstrates a history of responsibility, initiative, motivation, and creative problem solving. Must also be willing to participate in project technical tasks ranging from fieldwork and field operations; development of specifications; and data management, evaluation, and report preparation.
- Computer proficiency in MS Office Suite required.
- EPA Superfund experience is strongly desired.
- Knowledge of CERCLA process and work phases is strongly desired.
- Current certification of OSHA 40-hour HAZWOPER training is a plus.
- BS in Environmental Engineering, Chemical Engineering, Civil Engineering, Geology, Hydrogeology, or a related environmental field of study
- An MS or PhD in a technical field is a plus.
- Project Management Professional (PMP) certification is desirable.
- A PE or PG certification is a plus.
- A pre-hire drug test and a fit for duty baseline physical are required.
- Positions require U.S. Citizenship.
Remember to say you found this opportunity at EnvironmentalCareer.com