HydroGeoLogic, Inc. (HGL) is a leader in the environmental remediation industry, with over 30 years of experience providing comprehensive engineering and design services by implementing innovative, effective and sustainable solutions that address environmental, infrastructure, and natural resource management challenges. HGL provides environmental engineering, remediation and construction services and support to EPA, U.S. Department of Defense, U.S. Department of Energy and other federal and state government clients. HGL offers a dynamic work environment for creative, energetic professionals.
HGL has a position open for a Remediation System Engineer/Specialist. The Remediation System Engineer/Specialist will be required to support projects nationwide and must be able to support multiple task orders and technical tasks concurrently. Travel within the continental United States will be required. Position may require travel for extended periods to job sites.
The ideal candidate may reside in any HGL office however preferred locations are Reston, VA, Denver, CO, or Overland Park, KS. A telecommuting work agreement will be considered if the right candidate does not reside near an HGL office.
- Leading or providing support for treatment system designs. Systems may include pump and treat, AS/SVE, DPE, etc.
- Installing or upgrading treatment systems to include construction management.
- Conducting system startup/shakedown testing and O&M.
- Preparing proposals to include cost estimates, subcontractor procurement and preparation of technical approaches.
- Coordinating access, activities and permitting with site owner and local, state and/or federal regulatory entities.
- Implement quality control programs to include the USACE CQM program
- Using AutoCad and construction specification software
- Managing work under detailed and strict USACE QA/QC and H&S requirements
- In depth understanding of fluid and air flow in piping systems and system electrical and control systems
- High degree of mechanical aptitude. Must be proficient at performing system maintenance and repairs. Must be able to manage and/or direct others in performing these tasks.
- Proficiency with industry-standard SCADA, PLC and remote access software systems
- Ability to work with minimal supervision and with multi-disciplinary project staff
- Ability to interact with clients and other stakeholders
- Excellent verbal and written communication and organizational abilities
- Strong technical writing and documentation skills
- Advanced proficiency in Microsoft Word, Excel, MS Project and Outlook
- Minimum of 10 years of experience with remediation system design, installation, start-up/shakedown, O&M
- Broad experience with system electrical and controls systems
- Experience in construction oversight of subcontractors and in remedial system start-up and optimization. Must be experienced procuring and managing both mechanical and electrical subcontractors
- Preparing construction specifications
- Preparing and managing detailed construction schedules
- Design, installation and operation of systems used to treat emerging contaminants such as PFAS
- Sampling procedures required for emerging contaminants such as PFAS
- Serving as CQCSM. This includes:
- Performing work in accordance with the contract documents and standards of quality and the ability to communicate contract requirements to subcontractors
- Reviewing specifications, drawings and ongoing construction activities to assure compliance
- The efficient management of project submittals and ensuring all materials and equipment have been tested and approved for use per the applicable specification
- Bachelor's degree in an engineering discipline (i.e. civil, mechanical, environmental, electrical, etc.) construction management or a related technical science
- Extensive experience obtained from military service or work in a trade will be considered in place of a degree
- 40 hour HAZWOPER training
- Active USACE CQM for Contractors certification is highly desirable but not required
- A.P.E. is desirable but not required
- Pre-hire drug test and a fit for duty baseline physical are required.
- U.S. citizenship is required.
- Valid driver's license and excellent driving record.
Remember to say you found this opportunity at EnvironmentalCareer.com