We are looking for a Principal Environmental Project Manager who can develop existing client relationships and secure new Terminals, Pipelines, and Refineries (TPR) and Exploration & Production (E&P) clients.
This position will lead client and business development efforts throughout West Virginia, Pennsylvania and Ohio.
- Leading TPR and E&P account development, sales, and delivery of GES’ consulting services for the Midwest market.
- Developing strategy and action plan(s) that leverage GES’ assessment, remediation and compliance offerings, while successfully targeting the high priority service needs of key clients.
- Expanding existing client relationships by ensuring quality service on current projects, and focusing cross-selling efforts towards new high-potential opportunities.
- Generating leads through an established professional network, as well as by attending conferences and industry events.
- Managing capture efforts, which includes: utilizing technical expertise to develop proposals for TPR and E&P related projects, creating written content, developing pricing, co-conducting presentations, and finalizing contracting.
- Collaborating with Senior Leadership / TPR and E&P Sector Leads to regularly evaluate these sectors, as well as execute strategic plans to support revenue generation goals and objectives for the Midwest market.
- Coordinating with Operations to assist with successful project progression, which includes: overseeing cost management / revenue & client satisfaction metrics, ensuring optimal resource utilization, and promoting the HSSE culture / stewarding safe work performance.
- Acting as primary contact for key clients by providing regular status updates, resolving project related challenges, and establishing a strong business relationship.
- Handling project management for high visibility / large scale projects, which includes: project definition, siting, assessment, permitting, data management, construction, and compliance support.
Skills & Requirements
- A Bachelor’s degree or higher in the sciences, engineering or related.
- Professional Geologist (PG), Professional Engineer (PE) license is preferred.
- 10-15+ years of providing client service support within one or more of the following industries – TPR, E&P.
- Progressive experience performing business development and technical environmental consulting support within one of more of the following industries – TPR, E&P. This experience must include:
- Implementing business development strategies, generating leads, creating proposals, conducting sales presentations, and meeting sales goals.
- Developing, implementing, and managing a wide variety of projects for utility, industrial, and/or petroleum clients ranging from site characterization through remedial action, including preparation of remedial investigation, feasibility study, and remedial design work plans and reports. Significant experience negotiating innovative strategies with regulators during assessment, compliance and remediation projects for Oil & Gas/pipeline projects.
- This position requires thorough knowledge of one or more of the following markets – TPR, E&P - in the Appalachian market (PA, WV, and OH), established relationships with key decision makers in one or more of these industries, and a proven business development track record.
- Up to 50% travel as needed throughout the Midwest, and occasionally to other areas.
- Excellent communication, teamwork, analytical, organizational, technical writing, presentation, and client service skills are required.
- A Drug/Alcohol Screening and a Background Check are required.
Our comprehensive benefits program includes: medical, dental, vision, prescription, 401k, FSA, STD, LTD, New Parent Leave, 529 CollegeBound Fund, Tuition Assistance, Bonus Plan, and more.
GES is an equal opportunity/affirmative action employer that strongly values diversity. EOE/AA/M/F/V/D
Remember to say you found this opportunity at EnvironmentalCareer.com