Staff Environmental Scientist - Water & Natural Resources - Lewisville, Texas
- Plans and performs wetland delineations and prepare reports.
- Develops Section 404 permit applications.
- Performs habitat evaluations for threatened and endangered species.
- With senior oversight, develops project schedules / budgets.
- Supports project progression by ensuring compliance with scope of work, project budget, quality objectives, and GES health and safety requirements.
- Coordinates and mentors junior staff to ensure all resources are in place for proper fieldwork and reporting execution.
- Uses GIS to create project maps and figures.
Secondary responsibilities may include:
- Flies drones to collect aerial imagery.
- Handles avian and aquatic surveys.
- Prepares NEPA documentation and Storm Water Pollution Prevention Plans.
- Performs Ecological Risk Assessments and Phase I Environmental Site Assessments.
- Collects soil and groundwater samples.
Skills & Requirements
- A Bachelor's degree or higher in Wetland Ecology, Ecology, Environmental Science, or a related discipline. Wetland delineation training (40-hour) certification is a major plus.
- 4+ years of relevant experience. Must have experience providing consulting support on wetland delineation and permitting projects. Experience flying commercial drones is a plus.
- Must have the demonstrated ability to conduct strenuous field work and write quality reports with minimal-to-moderate supervision. Must be capable of mentoring junior staff.
- Must be proficient in GIS. Experience with Microsoft Project is a plus.
- Agreeable to occasional flexible daytime hours and occasional day / overnight travel.
- A Background Check and an Alcohol/Drug Screening are required. Must have clean driving record and a valid driver's license.
Our comprehensive benefits include: medical, dental, vision, prescription card, 401k, FSA, LTD, STD, New Parent Leave, 529 CollegeBound Fund, Tuition Assistance, Bonus Plan, and more.
GES is an equal opportunity/affirmative action employer that strongly values diversity. EOE/AA/M/F/V/D