The employee will manage environmental projects that involve field studies, report preparation, budget management, and interaction with coworkers, clients, subcontractors, and regulators. Projects will include groundwater, surface water, soil, and air sampling; environmental site assessments; regulatory permitting; subsurface site characterizations involving drilling, soil classification, and bedrock mapping; and hazardous waste site characterization and remediation. Position requires travel and fieldwork. The successful candidate should enjoy identifying new business opportunities and building successful client relationships. Additional position responsibilities will include the ability to:
* Understand various regulatory environments and associated technical requirements;
* Identify, develop, and manage the delivery of solutions to our clients;
* Supervise, coordinate, and review/evaluate activities carried out by junior engineers and scientists;
* Prepare proposals (scope, schedule, and budget);
* Simultaneously manage multiple projects through all phases of development; and
* Assist with junior staff mentoring, and team planning and development.
Requires B.S. or B.A. (minimum) in Geology or similar science. Master’s Degree and/or Professional Certification in related field is a plus. Minimum 15 years of environmental project experience, including project management, proposal writing, client contact, and regulatory interaction. The successful candidate must have:
* Strong technical knowledge and the passion and desire to excel;
* The ability to accumulate and share technical knowledge across a broad spectrum audience of both technical and non-technical persons;
* Team management skills, including the ability to build strong relationships with key stakeholders;
* Drilling oversight experience with direct-push, rotary, and hollow-stem auger drilling;
* Previous experience with the Kentucky Solid Waste Management Regulations; and
* Strong and effective communication skills.
* Candidate will have excellent written and verbal communication skills, attention to detail, and be able to function effectively as a team member.
As a global, employee-owned organization with over 50 years of experience, Golder Associates is driven by our purpose to engineer earth’s development while preserving earth’s integrity. From more than 160 offices worldwide, our over 6,500 employees deliver solutions that help our clients achieve their sustainable development goals by providing a wide range of independent consulting, design and construction services in our specialist areas of earth, environment and energy.
Remember to say you found this opportunity at EnvironmentalCareer.com