Seeking an Ecology Project Manager to assist our growing business in the surface transportation market specifically with the responsibility of leading GDOT Environmental projects and for other clients. The position will work with a variety of internal team members (NEPA, Roadway, Site/Civil) and our external teaming partners to successfully achieve environmental compliance on a variety of project types. The position will report directly to the Environmental/Planning Department Manager. The position will be located in Midtown Atlanta with projects located throughout GA and the southeast US.
- Performance and management of large ecological studies including leading field teams, conducting QAQC, assisting with managing field operations and staff workflows to accommodate deadlines.
- Report preparation and conduct internal/external technical report reviews with a focus on attention to detail.
- All aspects of wetlands/streams assessments work including desktop reviews, evaluations, field delineations, wetlands mapping, wetlands data form completion, mitigation credit calculations, US Army Corps of Engineers Section 404 permit and Georgia EPD Stream Buffer Variance applications, and wetland permitting processes.
- Schedule and conduct field surveys
- Participate in environmental permitting assessment and compliance work related to federal and state agency requirements as they pertain to a variety of project types.
- Perform analysis and participate in making recommendations to clients
- Participate in multi-disciplinary environmental assessments
- Bachelor’s degree in environmental science, environmental biology, ecology, wildlife management, or related field
- 10+ years professional experience
- Experience with wetland/surface waters and/or wildlife permitting, ecological surveys, ecological studies, habitat assessment, data collection and documentation, data analysis and data interpretation
- Must have experience preparing ecology reports for the Georgia Department of Transportation or other state transportation departments
- Experience with NEPA planning/implementation as it relates to transportation
- Willingness to expand professional experience/qualifications beyond current area of expertise
- Excellent verbal, written, and interpersonal communication skills
- Motivated to learn, mentor, and collaborate with others in a fast paced team-oriented work environment
- Superior technical skills producing high quality work products
- Excellent organizational and time management skills
- Business development and proposal skills, technical scope writing, and costing is desirable
- Proficient in MS Office, ArcGIS, and GPS Trimble Unit operation
- Strong wetland delineation skills
- Experience writing due diligence reports and biological assessments
- Experience to coordinating surveys and/or consultations for state and federal protected species
- Superior knowledge of southeastern flora, fauna, natural systems, and habitat/community identification
- Superior knowledge of state and federal environmental regulatory framework
Remember to say you found this opportunity at EnvironmentalCareer.com