The Buildings & Infrastructure Line of Business is a global network of employees, which serves both the private and public sector. Our employees work to shape the communities we live in by creating world-class projects that transform the future development patterns of those communities. We provide our clients award-winning planning, engineering, architectural and interior design, construction and program management, and design-build project delivery. The Jacobs business model allows us to successfully service our clients, leverage our integrated services, and provide our employees with growth opportunities while delivering global solutions to our client’s local programs.
We consistently receive high rankings from Engineering News-Record (ENR) in many classifications, including the categories of Top Design Firms, Top Contractors, Top Green Buildings Design Firms, and Top Transportation Companies.
Our Houston team is looking to add an experienced Environmental Scientist/Planner. Responsibilities include;
• Prepares and obtains environmental clearances for energy projects, oil and gas upstream and downstream industry, transmission conveyance projects, alternative energy or any other infrastructure/land use type projects.
• Prepares and obtains environmental clearance for Class 1 Railroads.
• Lead and/or provide oversight for field surveys, preparation or reports, and provide senior leadership on regulatory permits and approvals for Section 404 Individual and Nationwide permitting for wetland resources inventory, field delineation, analysis and impact assessment.
• Leads staff in the preparation of reports and regulatory permits and approvals in compliance with various environmental laws such as the National Environmental Policy Act (NEPA), Clean Water Act, Clean Air Act, Section 4(f), Section 106 of the National Historic Preservation Act, etc.
• Lead preparation of complex EISs, EAs, and other environmental compliance documents in the project planning stages. Works as a part of a diverse team of scientists, planners, engineers, and community involvement specialists in the preparation of technical studies and public and agency involvement communications in preparing complex environmental studies; may provide technical guidance to less experienced personnel.
• Must have exceptional writing and verbal skills and able to work in a collaborative team approach internally and externally.
• Collects and analyzes environmental, social and economic data to be used in developing alternatives to study under the NEPA and related federal and state environmental disclosure laws.
• Assists with processes of scoping, developing purpose and need, developing and analyzing alternatives, and preparing documents in compliance with NEPA.
• Regular client and internal interaction in a collaborative manner. Participant in competitive bid presentations to clients. Also with regulatory agencies and public.
• Assist and support in conducting public and agency involvement programs.
• Bachelor of Science in biology, geology, geography, natural resources planning, land use planning or related environmental science or program is required.• Preferred 9 years of experience working with and/or for Public Agencies in completing NEPA Planning studies for transportation projects, Energy projects, transmission conveyance projects, or any other infrastructure/land use type projects; regulatory permitting activities; and experience working with one or more of the following agencies USACE, GLO, USFS, BLM, FHWA, FRA, FTA, FERC, and DOD, and appropriate State agencies such as State DOT’s and State Natural Resource Regulatory Agencies is preferred. • Preferred experience in managing multi-disciplinary and multiple projects and teams.• Project Management, budgeting, and scheduling experience; experience as a department and/or group manager a plus; experience working on a wide range of diverse projects; support business development activities with key clients; are all a plus.• Good communication and writing skills are required. • Must be able to work in an office and/or field environment (hot and/or cold environments).
At Jacobs, we help prepare people for new opportunities and challenges. With positions at every level, openings in multiple disciplines, expertise in a range of markets and offices around the globe, we create an environment where you can learn, grow, and thrive. From our competitive benefits program to our Health and Safety initiative of Beyond Zero workplace injuries, we believe that you'll find a flourishing career here at Jacobs.
Remember to say you found this opportunity at EnvironmentalCareer.com