Veda is seeking an individual to serve as Administrative Assistant, Project Coordinator, and to support the owners/leadership in Business Development activities. This is a 15-20 hour per week position with possibility for growth. The successful applicant will work primarily out of the Bellingham office, but must be willing to travel a minimum of once per month to Seattle to ensure smooth operations. Travel expenses to/from Bellingham will be covered.
Job functions include but are not limited to the following:
- Maintain and update Veda licenses and certifications (city, state, federal and women-owned business licenses/certifications).
- Manage and maintain Veda insurance policies – ensure bills are paid on-time and that current policies are accessible.
- Assist with invoicing, collection of payments, reporting and other financial systems.
- Manage and maintain Veda’s office support systems, including licenses such as Dropbox, Harvest, Adobe and Zoom.
- Provide organizational and logistical support for conferences, meetings, and events, and provide other assistance with meetings including meeting planning, scheduling, distributing meeting materials, drafting minutes and meeting notes, etc.
- Help prepare draft contracts between Veda and subcontractors and manage correspondence as needed.
- Manage travel arrangements (flights, hotels, etc.).
- Liaise with Veda tax preparer and accountant to ensure all materials are in place (W-2s, etc.) and that we are on track for filing.
- Negotiate supply orders and vendor discounts.
- Manage and maintain Veda’s Bellingham and Seattle offices including:
- Lease agreements and rent payments (Bellingham)
- Associated accounts, including Internet service and phone
- Maintain and update equipment as needed
- Inventory, order and stock office supplies, as needed
Business Development and Project Support
- Track Requests for Proposals (RFPs) and lead response process, from drafting proposal to submitting final document
- Organize and maintain business development folders to streamline RFP response process
- Maintain and enhance Veda’s vendor/roster status with various procurement offices (including but not limited to: Municipal Services Research Center (MSRC), King County, WA State (WEBS)
- Build and maintain Veda’s social media presence (Facebook and Instagram)
- Maintain Veda’s website
- Create draft content for quarterly Veda newsletters and distribute via Listserv
- Project specific research and synthesis
- Develop outreach messaging and materials