Ready to put your geological knowledge to work on marquee environmental projects that will change the urban fabric of our community? Would you enjoy being involved on a wide variety of general geological and field tasks on complex projects? Parsons is now hiring a Geologist for our rapidly expanding environmental projects located primarily in the Greater Chicago Area and supporting Midwest United States. Under general supervision, performs a variety of general geological and environmental field tasks and office reporting, by applying standard environmental techniques and analyses. The Geologist at this level applies experience and increasing proficiency in the use of environmental assessment and remediation, practices, and company policies. Some assignments involve application of computer software (including spreadsheets, CAD, aquifer test analysis, etc.). Willingness to travel and/or relocate to field sites is expected.
- Performs various project related field and office tasks requiring the application of standard environmental principles and practices.
- Independently performs environmental media sampling including but not limited to soil, surface water, groundwater, sediment; soil boring and monitoring well installation; monitoring well development; low-flow groundwater sampling; soil gas sampling; monitoring well slug testing; soil and rock borehole logging; excavation oversight; contractor oversight.
- Responsible for the application of and conformance with company and client health and safety programs while performing or overseeing tasks.
- Assist in the preparation of project planning and task documentation including safety assessments, scope of work document, field task summary documents, file management.
- Coordinate and plan multiple events simultaneously ensuring all project stake holders are properly engaged.
- Analyzes and interprets environmental sample analysis results within the context of the site specific setting and project objectives.
- Develops materials and assists in completing reports on finished field work.
- Assist in the preparation of geologic maps and cross sections, which may include potentiometric surface maps and hydrographs.
- Perform operation and maintenance of various types of remediation systems (pump and treat/air sparge/recovery/etc).
- Capable of working independently at project sites to complete a scope of work and communicating status back to project personnel.
- Take direction from senior managers on different projects
- Coordinate and plan multiple events simultaneously ensuring all project stake holders are properly engaged
- Able to communicate effectively (written and verbal) with project personnel, co-workers, clients, and subcontractors
- Position involves report writing and e-mail communication; as such and it is preferable that the applicant enjoys these activities. Applicant must possess good writing skills and attention to detail, for preparation of project reports and plans.
- Position requires occasional over-time
- 4-year degree in Geology or related field
- 3-5 years of related work experience
- Proficiency in various computer software applications typically used geological analyses
- Familiarity with related environmental rules and regulations is preferred
- Requires a demonstrated proficiency in both written and oral communication skills
- Thorough understanding of all environmental rules and regulations
Working knowledge of software typically used in environmental analyses and reporting is required.
• OSHA HAZWOPER 40-HR TRAINING.
•Working knowledge of Illinois and Indiana environmental regulatory programs (IEPA/IDEM) is a plus.
Ready for action? We’re looking for the kind of people who see this opportunity and don’t hesitate to act. Parsons is a leader in the world of Engineering. We hire people with a broad set of technical skills who have proven experience tackling some of the greatest challenges. Take your next step and apply today.
Remember to say you found this opportunity at EnvironmentalCareer.com