Position Title: EHS Coordinator
General Accountability: This position will provide full time environmental health and safety support to the operations and will ensure that all practices are in compliance with regulatory requirements. The position will be responsible for coordinating regulatory programs and its permitting applications.
• Practice safe working techniques and re-enforce the safety policies, guidelines, and procedures as set out by the Company.
• Provide daily guidance and direction in EHS programs at the employee / supervisor level to ensure a common and effective approach;
• Responsible for assisting in the identification of possible losses; evaluating the risk in such loss exposure; developing and implementing a plan to correct or prevent a loss and audit the plan to ensure its effectiveness.
• Ensure that contractor personnel working on the property are in compliance with company policies and safety requirements.
• Maintain and update as needed SOP’s for all safe work practices and equipment and utilize them in the day to day training.
• Provide advice, assist, and audit line management to ensure that effective EHS is implemented and working. Perform and contribute to the Site Training Plans by conducting employee orientations; emergency response training; and coordination of modular training programs for the Operation.
• Ensure inspections by regulatory agencies are coordinated and deficiencies minimized and corrected.
• Assist with maintaining the Site Preparedness and Emergency Plans & Procedures.
• Responsible for coordinating regulatory programs and its applications and help support the compliance process; supporting and providing relief for the environmental department.
• Review accidents and incidents which occur in the area of responsibility and conduct field audits, reporting and managing the corrective actions.
• Maintain filing systems regarding worker training and safety;
• Maintain working relationships with Regulatory Agencies and chair or co- chair and lead the Safety Committee for the Operation.
• Manage Team Base Risk Assessments and the process and regularly conduct training needs analysis.
• Lead the Emergency Response Team and comply with all Company policies and procedures.
• The above duties and responsibilities are representative of the nature and level of work assigned and are not necessarily all-inclusive.
• Travel on detachments as required and perform any additional duties as required.
Education and Training:
• Minimum of five years’ experience in Environmental Health and Safety role.
•Intermediate computer skills (e.g. MS Office including Excel and Word) are essential. Excellent written and verbal skills.
• Team player and able to build and maintain relationships both internal and external.
• Flexible to change and open to constructive feedback.
• Strong written and verbal communication skills.
• Strong organizational and interpersonal skills.
• Able to work independently with minimal supervision
Remember to say you found this opportunity at EnvironmentalCareer.com