Get ready to change your fate and transport to a collaborative and fun work environment
The West Yost Associates (West Yost) Groundwater Team is seeking a Principal Hydrogeologist; are you our ideal candidate?
- Do you have more than one rock or fossil in your office?
- Do you reference Basins and Sub basins more than Freeways and Highways when providing directions?
- Does the ‘Ʃ’ symbol remind you primarily of the Greek Alphabet or does it represent significant groundwater legislation passed in 2014?
- Is sustainable groundwater management more of a passion than a project?
- Would you like to work for a mid-sized firm where opportunities abound and you have the flexibility to develop client relationships, mentor staff and expand professional growth?
If you answered YES to all the questions above, then West Yost is the place for you. West Yost is a quality-driven consulting engineering firm with offices located in California, Oregon and Arizona. We pride ourselves on providing a high level of client service focused on all-things water.
A week in the life of a Principal Hydrogeologist at West Yost:
- Attend a Technical Advisory Committee on behalf of your client
- Support your client to develop sustainability criteria for GSP compliance
- Partner with other practice team members on conjunctive use studies and programs
- Research regional groundwater studies to support the development of a future groundwater banking program
- Contribute to a groundwater recharge design and the operation and maintenance plan
- Review and comment on a team member’s project deliverable document
- Evaluate potential well siting locations and develop recommendations
- Prepare technical specifications for the below ground well design and lead field services during well construction
- Brainstorm with your peers to establish a progressive and project wining approach on a new business opportunity
- Celebrate project wins and key milestone events with the West Yost team
- Meet with a key pursuit team to develop strategy for an upcoming opportunity
- Huddle with your project team to address an unexpected obstacle at a project drilling site
- Work with in-house well operations experts to prepare a technical lunch and learn presentation to client staff on cutting-edge well performance and rehabilitation techniques
- Attend and represent West Yost at a Groundwater Resources Association of California (GRA) chapter meeting to present a project or to learn something new and to network with your peers and clients
Location - Irvine, Sacramento, Davis, Santa Rosa, Walnut Creek or Pleasanton, CA
Experience and Qualifications:
- Current working experience and client relationships in California addressing and solving groundwater issues
- Current registration in the State of California as either a Professional Geologist (PG) or Professional Engineer (PE)
- 15+ years with a BS or MS degree in a groundwater hydrology- related discipline or Civil Engineering with a groundwater focus
Benefits - West Yost provides excellent benefits, profit sharing, bonuses, and a positive, employee-oriented, team environment. West Yost is consistently ranked among the best places to work in the engineering profession by CE News.
For consideration, please include a cover letter describing your interest in the position and how your experience meets the position’s requirements.
Remember to say you found this opportunity at EnvironmentalCareer.com