Your focus will be setting the strategy and delivering packaging solutions against Corporate Social Responsibility goals related to packaging. Here at Starbucks, we take a broad and challenging scope of ownership. We are charged with owning and leading in the pursuit of elevating our brands through how we consciously design, execute, and optimize for the best solutions to meet current and future environmental impacts.
Our fast-paced environment provides the opportunity to independently collaborate with our amazing cross-functional partners. With a highly entrepreneurial spirit, there are no boundaries to what you can accomplish in our space. You will work with our social impact, creative, sourcing, brand management, operations, supply chain, and quality teams on a regular basis. You will truly have an opportunity to shape the direction and position of our business.
In the Global Packaging function, we focus on Innovation, Research, Sustainability, New Product Introductions, Cost Savings, and Quality. You will be responsible for driving our sustainability agenda amongst a talented team of engineers.
In this role you will need to capitalize on the following:
- Building strong and personal relationships with partners to influence
- Pro-actively lead and own the technical direction of our sustainability platform. Anticipate trends and strategically identify solutions
- Managing and collaborating with external partners to create solutions
- Effectively communicating in our fast-paced environment to ensure your direction has alignment and buy-in
- Ensuring technical rigor is built into our timelines. Proactively manage and communicate risk.
- Always keeping our partners, customers, and stakeholders at the forefront of design and experience when developing solutions to complex environmental issues.
As a manager in the Global Packaging Solutions and Innovation team, you will…
- Lead in the effort to raise the standard for continuous improvement of our environmental impact through packaging
- Cross over multiple packaging categories and flex your technical skills in our high paced and exciting environment
- Own and drive the technical development of packaging platforms
We’d love to hear from people with:
- 6-15 years of progressive experience with consumer product and/or retail packaging. Sustainable Packaging experience is a must
- Packaging degree preferred, or engineering degree with experience in packaging.
- Solid understanding of packaging materials, package/product systems, packaging equipment, and packaging performance testing.
- Solid understanding of Packaging sustainability landscape in a global sense. Ability to navigate the regulatory environment and general consumer sentiment.
- Ability to provide leadership and operate in ambiguity.
- Project management skills, including measurement and development of performance metrics.
Join us and be part of something bigger. Apply today!
Remember to say you found this opportunity at EnvironmentalCareer.com