ERM is seeking a motivated Staff Environmental Geology to join our consulting team in Indianapolis, IN. The successful candidate will work on a variety of interesting technical projects for clients in a variety of sectors throughout the U.S., including, chemical, energy, and manufacturing.
This is an excellent career opportunity to work with an expert consulting team on challenging environmental management projects for large industrial and global clients. Access to ERM's national experts provides knowledge sharing of best practices across the industry and ongoing learning opportunities for our team. The ideal candidate will have a B.S. Degree in Chemical Engineering, Environmental Engineering, or related field; Recent graduate to 3 years of experience.
- Conduct field work, including sampling, drilling, well installation, remedial pilot tests, construction oversight, and remedial system operation and maintenance.
- Assist in groundwater and system performance monitoring.
- Compile and evaluate data and assist in report preparation.
- Prepare environmental compliance plans, permits, and reports for air quality, hazardous waste, spill prevention, storm water, and wastewater.
- Perform Phase I and II environmental site assessments to support property transfer transactions.
- Assist in ensuring compliance with all federal, state and local regulations.
- Work within quality/budget/schedule expectations and scope-specific assignments.
- Communicate with subcontractors, regulatory agents, tenants, and clients during field activities.
- BS in environmental science or engineering or related degree. Minimum 3.0 GPA.
- Recent graduate to 2 years’ experience, including willingness/interest in field assignments.
- Environmental field work experience and 40-hour OSHA HAZWOPER certification a plus.
- Strong commitment to safety, including following established Health and Safety protocols.
- Valid driver’s license and a good driving record.
- Effective written/verbal communication and organization/analytical skills; experience recording/writing detailed technical data and reports a plus.
- Ability to work independently and as part of a team.
- Detail-oriented with mechanical aptitude and hands-on trouble-shooting/problem-solving skills.
- Ability to multi-task, maintain flexibility, travel, and work independently with minimal supervision.
- Local candidates preferred. Also see attached.
Remember to say you found this opportunity at EnvironmentalCareer.com