ERM is seeking a Natural Resource Scientist / Biologist to join our consulting firm in Charleston, SC. The successful candidate will work on a variety of projects related to natural resource impact assessment and permitting across industry sectors. This is a great opportunity to work with ERM's technical experts to deliver solutions for our clients relating to the planning and permitting of their capital projects, while building the required experience to expand and develop your career.
- Perform wetland delineation, habitat assessment, native plant, and other ecological desktop and field studies.
- Prepare high-quality technical correspondence and reports for clients and regulatory agencies.
- Perform biological, wetlands, and endangered species surveys.
- Prepare soil erosion/sedimentation control plans.
- Support client interface and inter-disciplinary project teams.
- Creatively solve problems to optimize client-favorable outcomes.
- Manage regional and global projects within scope/budget/schedule expectations and ensure quality standards on project deliverables.
- Work with ERM Partners-in-Charge and other Project Managers to effectively manage projects.
- BS in environmental science, natural resource science, or related discipline; MS preferred.
- 8+ years of years of experience working on wetland delineations and natural resource permitting projects.
- Strong plant identification skills.
- Willingness/interest in field assignments. Travel to site or client is required at times.
- Hands on experience with environmental impact, land use regulatory permitting, endangered species and/or wetland delineation/mitigation projects.
- High degree of technical competence.
- Effective written/verbal communication and organization/analytical skills; experience recording/writing detailed technical data and reports.
- Excellent communication and computer skills.
- Ability to work within a team, as well as independently.
- Ability to succeed in a fast-paced consulting environment, manage time effectively, handle multiple project assignments, meet strict deadlines, and travel to diverse project locations.
Remember to say you found this opportunity at EnvironmentalCareer.com