Tetra Tech Inc. a leading environmental science and engineering consulting firm is seeking a fulltime, Entry Level to mid-level Biologist/Ecologist for our Parsippany, NJ office.
ESSENTIAL EDUCATION, EXPERIENCE AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Bachelor or Master's degree and 1-2 years of professional experience in Biology or Ecology is required
- A certification in GIS or Master’s degree in GIS is preferred
- Relevant experience in the performance of wetland delineations, vegetation surveys, ecological inventories, fisheries surveys, 316b impingement/entrainment studies, surveys for rare or threatened and endangered species or post-construction restoration monitoring are a major plus
- Professional experience using Global Information System (GIS) programs like Arc GIS and Arc Viewer is necessary for spatial analysis of chemical, physical or biological data sets.
- Additional beneficial experience that would be considered for this position includes GPS field support for wetland delineation or wetland delineation certification, benthic community surveys, fishery surveys, habitat delineations, studies for federal and state listed threatened and endangered species, post-construction ecological monitoring and field experience in restoration of wetlands and aquatic habitats
- Experience in the collection and management of biological, chemical or other data in database management programs (i.e., Access, Excel)
- The candidate must be proficient in Microsoft Office (MS Word, Excel and Access) programs
- The candidate will have excellent report writing skills and be able to assist in preparation of reports and document submittals. Versatility and willingness to travel will be an important attribute in evaluating applicants for the position
- An example of the candidates writing skills in a professional paper, thesis or GIS related work product is welcome
Remember to say you found this opportunity at EnvironmentalCareer.com