Perform tests and sampling of environmental materials including air, groundwater, building materials, and noise. Operates field monitoring equipment. Assists with operation and maintenance of remediation systems. May assist with asbestos surveys, abatement projects and Phase I preliminary site assessments. Transport material samples or documents to the lab for further testing and analysis. Tabulate and prepare data for written reports. Cleans and maintains field monitoring equipment. Adhere to strict safety standards.
Essential Role and Responsibilities:
- Performs basic tests as directed using well-defined procedures
- Assists in basic survey/ measurement data
- Assists in operating and maintaining remediation systems
- Assists in construction of groundwater monitoring wells
- Assists higher level technicians on complex tasks.
- Will be placed in a progressively increased role of training and responsibility in work assignments.
- Follow safety rules, guidelines and standards for all projects. Participate in pre-task planning. Report any safety issues or concerns to management.
- Be responsible for maintaining quality standards on all projects.
- High school diploma or equivalent.
- Minimum 0-2 years of relevant experience or the equivalent in training and related experience.
- Valid driver’s license with acceptable violation history.
- Other national, regional, state, and local environmental related certifications requiring experience and written examination will also be considered if deemed appropriate by the Terracon Department Manager.
Remember to say you found this opportunity at EnvironmentalCareer.com