Want to design and develop energy efficiency programs, engage with industry leaders to save energy and reduce greenhouse gas footprints? You can at ICF. We solve the most challenging issues facing the energy industry today, while informing the future of global energy use.
ICF is seeking a detail-oriented, self-motivated candidate to help clients implement and evolve their energy-efficiency programs. Successful candidates will be responsible for shaping critical programs for the next era of energy policies that will impact our communities and our world. They will support the implementation of high–profile public–private partnership programs to drive improved energy efficiency in the federal, commercial, multifamily, and industrial markets. They will be part of a team that builds and maintains relationships with key market actors, reviews and analyzes energy consumption data, and collaborates with other team members and clients to develop national and regional strategies to increase participation in energy efficiency programs.
What you will be doing . . .
- Conducting outreach to build and maintain relationships with key market actors, including commercial building owners and operators, industry associations, and utilities.
- Reviewing energy consumption data for single buildings as well as large portfolios of facilities, to assist building owners in benchmarking performance against peers, improving performance and achieving recognition for energy efficiency achievements.
- Serving as a liaison for program participants, and maintaining detailed records in a customer management system.
- Providing partners with technical and marketing assistance.
- Contributing to the development and deployment of communications, outreach, and training resources, including case studies, webinars, in-person events, and other opportunities.
- Coordinating with other team members and clients to develop national and regional strategies to influence the market and increase participation in programs.
- Conducting partner recruitment, onboarding, and ongoing support to maximize program participation.
- Supporting the review and analysis of large volumes of program data, and helping to distill data into narratives for reports, case studies, etc.
- Tracking state/local and national energy policies.
- Conducting research and analysis of energy efficiency and industry issues.
What you need to have . . .
- Bachelor’s degree in environmental studies, business, or similar.
- Excellent oral and written communication skills.
- Highly-developed interpersonal skills and self-motivation.
- Excellent analytical skills.
- Solid personal computer skills (Microsoft applications).
- Ability to prioritize and multi-task, and work under strict deadlines.
- Experience working in the commercial or multifamily building sector, or for an energy efficiency vendor/service provider serving the building sector.
- Experience in energy performance benchmarking or energy modeling.
- Experience writing reports, articles, case studies, or other communications materials.
- Experience with EPA ENERGY STAR, DOE Better Buildings, LEED, and/or other efficiency/sustainability program platforms.
- Familiarity with the development/delivery of public-private voluntary partnership programs.
- Experience working with large complex spreadsheets, databases, or basic programming is a plus.
Remember to say you found this opportunity at EnvironmentalCareer.com