In the EHS Specialist role you will provide technical guidance, support, and management of Environmental-Health-Safety & Compliance requirements at a chemical manufacturing facility. This role has the primary responsibility to ensure site operations comply with all environmental, safety, health, and security. This role is also responsible to provide leadership and daily oversight of daily activities to ensure a safe work environment and environmental best practices. Responsibilities also included driving continuous improvement to maintain Responsible Care certification. A portion of specific programs this role is responsible are; Process Safety Management, Responsible Care, High Risk programs (lock-out-tag-out, hot work, confined space entry, etc.). This role is critical and is part of the overall plant staff management team to provide monitoring and direction of the overall plant activities. This role has the added responsibility of being actively involved in the North American EHS Professionals network in Supply Chain to assist in all EHS activities in North America.
Key Role Responsibilities:
- Manage the EHS continuous improvement program, OSHA PSM / EPA Risk Management compliance, Responsible Care certification (RC14001) compliance, and compliance to Solenis EHS Policies & Procedures.
- Responsible to ensure environmental compliance sampling & testing, as well as reporting to various agencies is performed accurately and on-time for all environmental operating permits.
- Responsible to ensure all safety & security compliance reporting is conducted accurately and on-time.
- Monitor day to day activities of all employees and contractors to ensure a safe & compliant facility is maintained. This includes team participation with on-site, as well as corporate teams.
- Maintain site regulatory compliance through providing timely & accurate reporting to agencies and performing audits as required.
- Manage safety training to all employees through face to face and on-line training management
- Responsible for the overall EHS programs at the facility in terms of safety communications, coaching, data management, procedural changes and implementation around EHS
- Manage testing, evaluating, maintaining critical safety infrastructure at the facility
- Monitor and manage site EHS metrics
- Facilitate, document, and report on EHS root cause analysis investigation
- Oversee OSHA High Risk programs thru providing training to site employees, performing internal audits, and implementing continuous improvements
- Provide backup to Plant Manager as incident commander
- BS in Occupational Safety, Health and Environment or other safety or environmental discipline, or BS in ChE or Chemistry, as a minimum.
- Combined educational and working experience of 5 years’ minimum.
- Experience in a PSM chemical manufacturing facility is highly preferred.
At Solenis, we understand that our greatest asset is our people. That is why we offer competitive compensation, comprehensive benefits and numerous opportunities for professional growth and development. So, if you are interested in working for a world-class company and enjoy solving complex challenges, whether in the lab or the field, consider joining our team.
Remember to say you found this opportunity at EnvironmentalCareer.com