The Green Products Specialist is responsible for supporting the development and execution of marketing plans for the expansion and ongoing marketing related to WGL Energy Services Green Products including solar, wind, carbon offsets and energy efficiency. Through these plans, ensure alignment of the marketing communications strategy with the sales strategy and 5-year long range plan for government, commercial & industrial, small commercial and residential segments.
Note: Must be able to work flexible hours, sometimes including nights and/or weekends.
Tasks & Responsibilities:
• In collaboration with the Green Products Team, develop and execute annual marketing plans for WGL Energy Services Green Products including solar, wind, carbon offsets and energy efficiency.
• Prepare quarterly, monthly and ad-hoc reports for tracking sales and performance of marketing initiatives relative to goals. Analyze and summarize data for management. Provide recommendations for future initiatives.
• Provide subject matter expertise in the development and updating of all Green Product related materials. Verify content for product facts/claims, integrity and brand compliance. Provide pre and post-sale support for commercial Green Product sales including marketing materials.
• Develop and launch new products and/or expand existing products into new territories. Identify, negotiate and/or execute new marketing/sales partnership opportunities, such as community–based groups, and expansion of current channel partner teams. Train new sales channel partners and ensure their compliance with our products. Analyze performance of channel partners and provide recommendations.
• Manage the commercial energy efficiency offering of WGL Energy by working with the sales team to develop and maintain pipeline, complete the financial analysis of prospects, maintain channel partner relationships, and shepherd projects through all stages of lifecycle from proposal to completion.
• Identify inconsistencies between the current and ideal experience for Green Product customers. Make recommendations and support the execution for new processes or services to model the ideal experience. Execute changes in the development, messaging and navigation of Green Products pages on wglenergy.com.
• Support Green Products Manager with annual budgets and 5 year goals for each product and customer segment to include tracking of all Green Product expense budgets.
• Recommend potential awards or other forms of recognition of WGL Energy or WGL affiliates as a leader in sustainability, renewable energy or other green products. Coordinate, prepare and submit applications as appropriate. Promote efforts of earned awards through internal and external announcements.
• Support compliance and renewal of certifications such as Green Product standards / certifications (e.g., Green-e Energy and Climate, LEED, carbon registries). Ensure standards are followed and met. Research and recommend additional certifications that would benefit WGL Energy Services. Establish procedures to implement and report on new standards.
• Review compliance reports related to the sales of renewable energy or other green products. Maintain a matrix / calendar of all required compliance reporting, in collaboration with Regulatory Affairs. Research proposed regulations, guidelines and policies.
• Coordinate Green Events. Assist with event preparation by suggesting events, preparing business case forms, preparing promotional items and giveaways. Provide subject matter expertise during event.
• Develop and utilize strong knowledge of the WGL Energy business in all aspects of position.
• Adhere to all legal and regulatory rule compliance by jurisdiction.
• All other duties as assigned.
Skills & Abilities:
• Bachelor’s degree: Environmental science, environmental policy, engineering or related degree preferred.
• LEED certification a plus & PMP certification a plus.
• 3+ years of experience supporting environmental program(s) or products. Knowledge and experience in the field of renewable energy, energy conservation, energy efficiency, carbon credits or related energy field preferred.
• Demonstrated ability to effectively communicate complex messages, both verbally and in writing, to diverse internal and external audiences at all organization levels.
• Demonstrated ability to analyze and interpret data and to identify relevant issues in solving business problems.
• Demonstrated outstanding organizational skills with the utmost attention to detail.
• Experience with regulatory compliance, especially related to the energy industry, preferred.
• Demonstrated ability to be self-motivated with proven ability to work independently.
• Demonstrated ability to manage projects from start to finish with minimal supervision.
• Demonstrated ability to establish rapport and effective working relationships with business partners, supervisors, subordinates, and peers.
• Proven ability to use computer software and applications, including Microsoft Office applications, network and internet systems, to share, retrieve, research and present business information.
• Ability to maintain flexibility and a positive attitude while performing in a fast-paced, deadline-oriented environment.
• Ability to work flexible hours, sometimes including nights and/or weekends.
• Valid driver’s license and dependable transportation: may be required to travel to events, regional sales offices or other locations to meet internal and external stakeholders.
• Ability to lift up to 50 pounds.
WGL is an EO employer – M/F/Vets/Disabled
Remember to say you found this opportunity at EnvironmentalCareer.com