These positions are located in Santa Monica Mountains National Recreation Area, in the Division of Interpretation, Education and Outreach Office.
Temporary positions not-to-exceed 1039 regular hours in a service year may be terminated sooner or extended depending on management needs. Anticipated Entry on Duty: October 2018.
Open to the first 50 applicants or until 08/24/2018 whichever comes first. All applications submitted by 11:59 (EST) on the closing day will receive consideration.
Learn more about this agency
- Provides prepared orientation, information and directions, and answers questions to customers from a wide variety of cultural backgrounds.
- Present talks and lead tours providing general information relating to the historical themes of the park.
- Present programs to children and assist teachers with their visit.
- Responds in writing to customers' inquiries for information, direction and/or guidance.
- Writes letters, reports, program/presentation outlines, or other documents for information purposes.
- Drafts bulletins, brochures, or articles for eventual publication.
- Assist in making interpretive products (such as preparing labels or signs) for natural, historical, or cultural programs, publications or exhibits.
- Utilize interpretive techniques (such as metaphors, storytelling, analogies) suggested by others to facilitate intellectual and/or emotional connections between audiences' interests and their surroundings.
- Present pre-established interpretive programs.
- Provide prepared orientation, information and directions and answer visitor questions.
- Foster good relations with patrons and maintain order.
- Provide facilitation and partnership building through community outreach to a variety of partner organizations (federal, local, state and private entities).
- Operate audiovisual and electronic equipment (e.g., film projectors, DVD players, computers, etc.) to provide area information to visitors. Operate computer software programs such as word processing, spreadsheet or database.
Remember to say you found this opportunity at EnvironmentalCareer.com