In this role, you will direct the global Environmental Health and Safety (EHS) functions by developing and implementing strategies based on risk-aversion that focus to keep our Googlers safe while they innovate.
From keeping Googlers safe and secure to managing disruptive events, the ability to anticipate, deter, detect, and act are the pillars of Google’s Global Security and Resilience Services (GSRS) team. As a member of GSRS you will help develop a culture where safety, security and resiliency are integrated into every facet of Google, including the creative process. You will help us continually identify, evaluate and monitor enterprise risks that could affect business activities and provide business leaders the information they need to make critical decisions. You'll collaborate with cross-functional teams to create innovative strategies and develop best in class programs that drive sustainable effectiveness.
- Direct the vision, strategy and execution plan for the Environmental Health & Safety team and collaborate cross-region, cross-team and cross-function.
- Guide internal business leaders on global environmental, health and safety regulatory compliance as it relates to real estate acquisition, development, and facilities operations - including research and development, manufacturing, retail and enterprise.
- Interpret global safety standards and regulatory requirements and develop strategies for sustained compliance and management of risk.
- Establish risk mitigation goals and develops metrics, dashboards and/or scorecards to track/communicate/drive progress.
- Bachelor’s degree or equivalent practical experience.
- 15 years of related work experience.
- Experience directing compliance within research and development and laboratory environments.
- Strong credible partner capable of negotiating successful outcomes with business leaders, while remaining flexible to alternate approaches with changing business priorities.
- Excellent communication and project management skills, including leading teams, producing and maintaining timelines, managing multiple commitments and assembling project information into clear and concise written reports.
- Demonstrated ability to set the vision and lead complex operational and strategic initiatives.
- Strong analytical, quantitative, and qualitative skill set combined with account planning knowledge; passion for developing insights on user based behavior.
Remember to say you found this opportunity at EnvironmentalCareer.com