For information related to Essential Functions, Knowledge, Skills & Abilities Required to Perform Work, and Working Conditions & Hazards of this position, click here. Locate and click on the position title to view the job classification specification.
For evaluation purposes, acceptable qualifying experience for all positions must have been in a paid capacity unless noted otherwise in the minimum qualifications for the posted position.
Additionally, 30+ hours per week will be counted as full-time employment and will receive full credit for the amount of time employed. A minimum of 15 through 29 work hours per week will be counted as part-time employment and will receive half credit for the amount of time employed.
Vacancies currently available in the following department(s): Dallas Water Utilities
- High school diploma or GED.
- Four (4) years' experience in environmental site/industrial waste control, air quality/air emissions inventory, wastewater collection/pretreatment discharges monitoring, drinking water monitoring, basic chemical analysis, water sample collection and/or hazardous materials handling. Working knowledge of the drinking water distribution systems as it pertains to flushing activities, water sample collection, and field-testing.
- One (1) year of supervisory/project management/lead work responsibilities. (This experience may be included in the required experience listed above.)
- An associate's degree, or higher, in any field, plus two (2) years of the state experience and one (1) year of supervisor experience will meet the education and experience requirements.
LICENSE(S) and/or CERTIFICATION(S):
- TCEQ's Class C Water Distribution Operator License or equivalent.
- Valid driver's license with good driving record.
- Subject to fieldwork and may include alternate work schedules.
KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS, ABILITY(IES):
- Effective oral and written communication skills.
- MS Office or similar software skills.