Brown and Caldwell, a national environmental engineering firm, has an exciting opportunity in Northern California for a senior remediation/solid waste engineer. We are seeking a motivated, achievement-oriented individual who can help us fulfill our commitment to deliver client success on each and every project we undertake. In this role your primary responsibilities will include project management and project delivery.
When you join Brown and Caldwell you will enjoy a unique and welcoming culture and we are proud that many of our employees have been with us a decade or more. You will find that we offer a non-hierarchical, collaborative, and supportive environment, allowing you to do your best work. You will be trusted to do the right thing by our project managers and external clients and given the flexibility to manage your own schedule to achieve this. The work we do is interesting, challenging and wide-ranging in nature, and so is our client base.
You will work with and be mentored by nationally recognized, senior technical staff. Projects will include environmental investigation and remediation projects for private sector clients. In addition, there will be excellent opportunities to help our team in business development. Additional job expectations are summarized below.
- Project management duties may include technical approach development, cost estimating, proposal preparation, project setup, project team management, communication, budget tracking, field direction/coordination and project delivery.
- Project management duties will also include Client Service and management. This may include attendance at client project meetings and direct client interaction/discussion regarding project activities.
- Engineering duties will include.
- Development of technical documents including work plans, remedial investigation reports, remedial action workplans, feasibility studies, and implementation reports.
Desired Skills and Experience:
- The ideal candidate should have strong project management and technical skills.
- BS Degree in Civil Engineering
- A minimum of 8 years of experience required in remediation design or solid waste.
- OSHA 40 hour HAZWOPER training
- California PE
- Experience would ideally include some or all of the following:
- Remedial system design (soil and groundwater)
- Title 27 solid waste
- Construction oversight/CQA
- Landfill closure strategy/design
- Large scale project management/program experience
- Good technical skills with the ability to articulate ideas and concepts both visually and contextually essential.
- Candidate will have strong verbal/written communication skills and ability to work well independently and in team environments.
- The role requires an energetic and positive personality with direct experience with (or an interest in) supervising and/or mentoring staff.
- This challenging position requires highly organized and responsive individual, capable of working in a diverse team environment and handling multiple tasks with competing priorities.
- We are seeking someone who has a positive, can-do attitude; will be flexible and self-motivated, creative and well-organized, and quality-oriented with attention to detail.
Remember to say you found this opportunity at EnvironmentalCareer.com