We are looking to hire a Landfill Environmental Manager at our Seabreeze Landfill located near Angleton, TX. In this position you will directly manage the site-specific environmental systems including landfill gas management systems and controls, leachate management and pre-treatment systems, groundwater and surface water systems. Monday through Friday with occasional weekend work as needed.
This is an excellent opportunity with a growing company!
- Manage maintenance and monitoring work as necessary on site systems, including monitoring of the landfill gas collection system (GCCS) and for the mitigation of offsite migration of landfill gas, and maintenance and monitoring of the leachate collection system and pre-treatment processes.
- Oversee groundwater monitoring program and ensure surface water systems are in compliance on a daily basis.
- Maintain site-specific operation and maintenance plans and keep plans updated.
- Manage site operation and maintenance activities within assigned site budgets. Notify the appropriate District Manager if activities are forecasted to exceed budgeted or accrued amount.
- Supervise and monitor closed landfill operations to ensure that site operations are in compliance with all corporate environmental safety requirements.
- Supervise contractors and consultants conducting maintenance work in order to ensure the quality and timeliness of their work.
- Utilize the competitive bidding process in the selection of maintenance contractors and consultants. Ensure that all third party contractors and consultants are compliant with all corporate insurance and safety requirements.
- Ensure that all data submittals to management and regulatory agencies are collected, analyzed and submitted on time. Utilize internal compliance system to achieve this requirement.
- Maintain positive relationships with regulators, local governments and general public potentially involved with or affected by the site
The ideal candidate will have:
- Ability to follow established procedures with minimal amount of direct supervision.
- Understanding of landfill gas systems
- Ability to interpret documents such as safety rules, contracts, federal, state and local regulations, operating and maintenance instructions, and procedure manuals.
- Ability to prepare reports at the state or local levels.
- Must be mechanically proficient on a variety of systems and field instruments.
- Ability to define problems collects data, interpret data and draw valid conclusions.
- Ability to interpret an extensive variety of technical instructions in mathematical or diagram form and deal with several abstract and concrete variables.
- 2 or more years of Landfill Gas System maintenance.
- Bachelors Degree in Environmental Science or related field
- Some direct work experience in one or more of the following areas:
- environmental site assessments and remediation
- environmental audits
Successful candidates are those seeking a mix of field service and office work in an environment of operational excellence and accountability. We offer competitive compensation, excellent benefits, and unlimited opportunities to “Connect with Your Future.”
Waste Connections is an Affirmative Action/Equal Opportunity Employer (Minority/Female/Disabled/Veterans)