Corning's Manufacturing, Technology and Engineering division (MTE) is recognized as the leader in engineering excellence & innovative manufacturing technologies by providing diverse skills to Corning’s existing & emerging businesses.
We anticipate & provide timely, valued, leading edge manufacturing technologies and engineering expertise. We partner with Corning’s businesses and the Science & Technology division. Together we create and sustain Corning’s manufacturing as a differential advantage.
Scope of Position
- In this role you will be expected to provide Air Pollution control engineering and project leadership in a corporate engineering group that supports all divisions within Corning Incorporated. You will utilize fundamental engineering principles to build, design, and deploy solutions to a variety of Air Pollution Control and facility mechanical systems and processes. You will develop criteria and specifications for Air Pollution controls as well as lead the start-up of new PA systems as well as the optimization of existing systems. Work will be done collaboratively with resources across divisions, processes, plants, and Research & Development on project teams. You will build, review, and forecast capital and expense design, and equipment and installation project costs.
Day to Day Responsibilities:
- Deliver strong project leadership skills through the project initiation, planning, implementation and closeout phases. This includes the oversight and management of contractors during the phases previously mentioned
- Develop project concepts, scopes, estimates, schedules, design and installation commissioning documentation
- Exercise good judgment, using proven engineering principles and utilize structured problem solving techniques
- Lead, guide, coach, and help develop fellow colleagues as well as external contractors
- Actively work and participate on project teams in various roles and capacities
- Utilize your effective listening and communication skills across multiple channels and means
Travel Requirements (please note if international):
- Expected travel over 50% both Domestic and International and project assignments can be in excess of 1-2 years in duration
Hours of work/work schedule/flex-time:
- Flexibility is required Normal Business hours (8 – 5, M – F): however, your expected to work hours required to achieve objectives including overtime, weekend, and off-shift hours
- Experience with Glass Melting air pollution abatement systems; engineering, design, operations, installation and commissioning as well as superb project leadership/management, air pollution control engineering, installation and start-up skills
- Understanding of fundamentals to effectively operate pollution control and abatement systems and proven experience with air quality analyses, regulatory compliance, and title V permits
- Develop new system design proposals and recommend improvements to existing systems for assessments, trouble-shooting and/or component and system upgrades
- Ability to use analytical skills and structured methods such as, K-T (DA, PPA, RA), DESGN & DMAIC
- Experience crafting project estimates, forecasts, and scheduling and preparing Air Pollution control recommendations and system assessments
- Experience with Borosilicate glass melting and pollution abatement systems
- Holds Professional Engineering certification and/or PMI certification and is proficient in SharePoint
Education and Experience:
- BS degree in Mechanical, Environmental, Chemical or equivalent; MS and/or PE preferred
Required Years and Area of Experience:
- 10+ years of engineering and professional work experience
- Do you have excellent communication, presentation and interpersonal skills?
- Are you results oriented and strives for excellence, high quality work output, and demonstrates dedication and a strong work ethic?
- Do you have a positive attitude and ability to operate in a flexible and adaptable style?
- Are you open, honest, and dependable with strong active listening skills?
This position does not support immigration sponsorship.
We prohibit discrimination on the basis of race, color, gender, age, religion, national origin, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, disability, or veteran status or any other legally protected status.
Remember to say you found this opportunity at EnvironmentalCareer.com